We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emergency health care

Par
1 post
Save Topic
Emergency health care

How efficient is emergency healthcare response in event of the likes of heart attack or stroke

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
15,889 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Emergency health care

If you've got private travel insurance probably better than here in the UK.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Emergency health care

As long as you have been up front with your travel insurance you will be covered and looked after.

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,836 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Emergency health care

My wife was delighted with the care and attention she received a few weeks ago (it was a Sunday) at the medical centre in Golf del Sur. I ventured along to the chemist's there first, wondering if someone could advise on a medicine that might ease her pain.

Twenty minutes later my wife was being seen by a women doctor there, assisted by an English nurse. No real emergency this, but a worrying time for Mrs BT all the same.

This is no guarantee of the treatment a stroke patient might receive there, of course, merely an indication that the medical team at Golf del Sur is capable of inspiring confidence when it is most needed.

…wordpress.com/2010/…

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
18 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Emergency health care

an one buy prescription drugs from the centre for shipping to ireland ...was able to purchase while there but forgot to ask if they would mail meds

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,533 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Emergency health care

I am always a little bit concerned no matter where we go as my husband had a heart attack in our home in N. Ireland 7 years ago. He was in hospital and treated with a blood thinning drug within 20 mins .Considering we live 13 miles away it was excellent service and probably saved his life ,so as a precaution I always key the countries emergency number into my phone and make sure of the address where we are staying.

Sounds a bit morbid but it gives me peace of mind and only takes a minute to do.

6. Re: Emergency health care

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Golf del Sur
Recent Conversations