We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire Help

Liverpool, England
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Car Hire Help

Hi,

we are going to Tenerife, Golf Del Sur in August 2013 and was wondering if anyone could recommend a decent company to use for renting a car.

not looking for anything fancy, just something to get us from A to B.

When I have rented cars in the past I have tended to go with the option of getting a car with a full tank of petrol and then returning empty

any help/links would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
138 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire Help

Simple answer is Autoreisen www.arcarhire.com/car-hire/car-hire.php

Pick up and drop off at the airport means no transfers or taxi costs.

The price you see it what you pay - no compulsory add-ons .

Simply leave the fuel tank at the level it was when you get it.

Honestly - don't waste time looking elsewhere. Autoreisen provide a good value for money service , with a good range of cars.

Helensburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire Help

Yes, totally agree. Have used them for the past four years (and again this July) and can highly recommend.

Tranent, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Hire Help

Hi

Do you know if the insurance covers fully comprehensive? I can only see third party on the terms and conditions.

Tongeren, Belgium
Level Contributor
28 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Hire Help

There is a problem with Autoreisen. They advertise “Free cancellation or modification of the reservation”. This is NOT true.

I reserved a car off TFS and was confirmed at €169. When I had to change the airport to TFN (travel dates staying the same) I had to make a new reservation at €220.

So no “Free modification of the reservation” but €50 extra to pay.

Shame.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
138 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Hire Help

You 'made a NEW reservation' , you did not modify the reservation?You ARE perfectly entitled to cancel this new reservation for free and rebook at a lower prevailing rate should one arise closer to your holiday date - that IS what many people do.

Edited: 02 June 2013, 13:40
Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
56 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Hire Help

autoplus car are one of the simplest and cost effective car hire companies in the canaries, book in advance from the airport only.

return how you find with fully comp insurance, just the key and the tyre's not included.

cicar are similar but more expensive

Edited: 10 June 2013, 20:21
brighton
Level Contributor
84 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car Hire Help

we have always used autoreisen never a problem sometimes you get a new car sometime an older one, web site easy to use , and have cancelled a booking at no extra cost then re-booked when the cars are sometimes cheaper on an offer no hidden extra's you get 1/4 or 1/2 a tank of fuel and return with same amount, their office as you come through to get your luggage , normally i get luggage the wife sorts car out and we are done about the same time no messing about ,and staight out the airport ,we find they are always the cheapest.

Edited: 11 June 2013, 18:40
8. Re: Car Hire Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2014, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Golf del Sur