We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf Del Sur for young people?

4 posts
Save Topic
Golf Del Sur for young people?

Hi

Can anyone help me? I have booked a holiday to stay in Aguamarina golf hotel for me and my girlfriend. We are in our early 20's, is there any nightlife in the resort? Nice bars for a drink in the evening with some entertainment ?

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,099 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf Del Sur for young people?

A bit in the San Blas squares but not really suited to youngsters, more the 50+ age group which is probably why I enjoy it.

http://queeniesdailysnippets.wordpress.com/

4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Golf Del Sur for young people?

As long as I can chill, just as long as it's not too quite.

Essex
Level Contributor
130 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golf Del Sur for young people?

Im 25 and i love golf del sur?

4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Golf Del Sur for young people?

Are there any places anyone can recommend? Bars etc?

Glasgow, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golf Del Sur for young people?

Hi Michael,

Me and my girlfriend have been coming to Golf Del Sur for quite a few years now, we are both in our 20's, we know someone with an apartment here so get it for pretty cheap, which is the main reason we come.

We are not particularly interested in the whole party/dance scene or certainly wouldn't like to stay amongst it, we do enjoy a good drink and will generally travel to Los Cristianos/Las Americas a few times throughout our two week stay for something a bit more lively, these are not far away on the bus.

When we first started coming, there was a nightclub 'Taboo's' which was pretty lively and busy most nights, this is still there however is now more an Italian restaurant than anything else. They do occasionally have club nights I believe, maybe someone can confirm this? They also have a live band playing outside now and again which is more out scene, this is during the day tho.

In the main San Blas square you have 3 restaurants in the centre this is where there is usually some entertainment, you know the usual, Freddy Mercury etc, not really our cup of tea. Around the square there are quite a good few bars/restaurants, dotted around, most are ok, some more busy than others, many of these are opened pretty late. Gulliver Steak House is our favourite, located just up from Taboos. 'Taboo's' as mentioned above plays some ambient house music is good but can be pretty dead at times, however has its moments, this is situated to the back of the square. JR's in the main square I think is/was geared more towards a bit younger crowd, this is situated at the top of the square where there are about 4/5 bars/restaurant, with seating outside, there is a cocktail bar across from JR's that does good cocktails, we have never really eaten in these but from a drinking perspective they are much the same.

Away from the square there are some Irish Bars, in various locations, these seem pretty busy and have live entertainment also, not really been in these much, but certainly will have a gander this year.

There is also some more restaurants near Aquamarina Golf, we usually walk along the front to get to these.

I have herd 'The Terrace' bar is good but have been so far unsuccessful in locating it?!

There is a fishing village next to Golf Del Sur called Los Abrigos with many nice restaurants. They also have a beer festival which is on from 11am to 11pm this on the 10th of August.

4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Golf Del Sur for young people?

Thank you for your help! Is San Blas Square a far walk from Aquamarina Golf Hotel?

Glasgow, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Golf Del Sur for young people?

Id say it was about a 15/20min walk along the front, really nice walk in the evening. Walking from Aquamarina to the square along the front you will also pass another area with some other restaurants, a Japanese/Tapas etc.

8. Re: Golf Del Sur for young people?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 09:16
Get answers to your questions about Golf del Sur