We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dress code for the restraunts

manchester
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
dress code for the restraunts

hi all

im going to los defines in june, hb and was wondering if there is a dress code for the restraunt.

iv heard mixed reviews about this hotel, but most have been good. hopefully!!!

Newtownards, United...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
8,081 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dress code for the restraunts

Hi, if you want my opinion, aviod this hotel like the plague, but to answer your question, you can wear whatever you want for dinner, except vest type t/shirts and football stuff ie, football shorts and football tops, at least that was the case when we stayed.

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: dress code for the restraunts

I stayed at this Hotel twice in 2002. I also used to work and live local to it over 4 summers, and offten used the hotels swimming pool, bar and restraunt.

The hotel is in a great location, right in the middle of the resort, with all local facilitys only 5 min walk away. All 3 beachs are from 10 - 15 min walk away.

I am confused at to why to avoid it, as I have never known of any issued with the hotel its self, or the bar/restraunt.

In general, you can wear more or less anything, excpect vests or swimwear in the restraunt.

Having lived and visited this area for about the last 20 years, if you have any other questions about the resort etc, feel free to post back. I check back here most days.

Mark

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
11,981 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dress code for the restraunts

First off welcome to the Trip Advisor forum.

The website page for this accomodation which is part of the Hi Hotel chain is www.hihotels.net/ficha_hotel.php… As this hotel is only rated three stars ( I think it used to be two but I may be wrong) it isn't going to be very upmarket. I generally feel that for dinner smart casual never goes amiss for men and anything not beachified that is smart is fine for the ladies.

I think that what bgekk ( who is a destination expert for Northern Island but visits Menorca regularly) is trying to say is that he didn't enjoy it at this place and would not personally recommend it. If you are now worried about the comments made and want to know why bgekk has been so insistant in his recommendation to avoid it so that you can decide whether you need to change your booking, I suggest that you send him a Private Message asap .- as you are new to TA and may not be sure how to do this, it is very easy - you click onto bgekks name and then select "send a message" and the relevant box pops up.

In my opinion Delfines/ Cala'Forcat isn't nearly as nice as other places on the island such as Cala N'Bosch or Cala Galdana but it really depends on what sort of thing you want in a resort and I assume that you did a little research before picking it. Menorca is not a place for stag parties or the like but the Forcat/Delfines area is probably the least typically menorcan resort on the island - it used to be described as "lively" ( which would put me off but then I am middleaged and do not like places with lots of english bars etc.) but I believe from what magicbeer has said (he knows the place really well) that it is more sedate these days as there are fewer bars that open late.

If you stay in Forcat/Delfines I would say that to get a feel of how lovely Menorca really is you will need to explore further afield either by public transport or hire car ( recommended even if it is only for a day or two).For a general overview of the island and the main resorts have a look athttp://www.menorca-minorca.co.uk/index.htm.

Brighton
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Brighton
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: dress code for the restraunts

Ha! been waiting for one like this! Welcome to the forum but you're going to get a rant from me 'fraid!

Quote Bgekk:

"you can wear whatever you want for dinner, except vest type t/shirts and football stuff ie, football shorts and football tops"

Sorry but I thought this sort of dress code was compulsory here!

Quote Magicbeer:

"The hotel is in a great location, right in the middle of the resort, with all local facilitys [sic] only 5 min walk away. All 3 beachs [sic] are from 10 - 15 min walk away. I am confused at to why to avoid it, as I have never known of any issued with the hotel its self, or the bar/restraunt.[sic]"

Enough said - here you go Magic, a free link on me:

www.jspell.com/public-spell-checker.html

Quote MenorcaRegular:

"In my opinion Delfines/ Cala'Forcat isn't nearly as nice as other places on the island such as Cala N'Bosch or Cala Galdana but it really depends on what sort of thing you want in a resort and I assume that you did a little research before picking it. "

So thats what you've heard so far but let me give you my very brief opinion about the place. I've never stayed there but visit for a good old fashioned fry up when in need of a grease fix every now and then. IMO that's all it's good for.

I will never be able to see the appeal of the resort, if you like loud and brash then why not just stay in Benidorm or maybe the Costa del Sol: The likes of Torremalinos, Fuengirolla etc cater for that market, and do a far better job of it, as do Teneriffe and Gran Canaria if you pick the right resorts.

If you like it quiet and chilled out then this resort is way too OTT and you're better off with other places on the island like Cala Galdana or Cal'n Bosch. If you want to try it just because you've had reco's from elsewhere then good luck. No significant appeal IMO. There's better places to chill out, better places to party, but Los Delfines does none of this well - it tries to do it all, and fails, badly.

That said you pays your money you makes your choices - if it's a good deal compared with other resorts then...................................................................

Backlash expected

JtheD

5. Re: dress code for the restraunts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12 April 2010, 17:02
Newtownards, United...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
8,081 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: dress code for the restraunts

Yes guys, sorry, just my opinion, i have stayed in much better resorts on the island, ok, i did not enjoy the LD hotel, but thats my take on it, just wait for the sunbed fiasco every morning, make sure you are up at about 5am to queue up for one. HEY JTD how are you my friend, and yes, i got that all wrong, it's anything other than football kits in the restaurant, how could i forget.

7. Re: dress code for the restraunts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2010, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Cala'n Forcat
Recent Conversations