We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pain Killers

london
Level Contributor
122 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Pain Killers

I havent been to an EU country for a while,is it still ok to take Codine pain killers into the country

Cheers Ian

Northern Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
8,903 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pain Killers

Put them in your hold luggage, I can't see a problem, different if you are going to the Emirates or the likes.

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pain Killers

If they was prescribled by a Doctor, you need to also take a copy of the prescription with you, in case you need to prove what they are.

I am no expert in medication, but if you can buy them over the counter, you should be able to at the resort pharmacy as well. The same person has worked in the pharmacy in Cala Blanes for the last 20 years, and he specks very good english.

On the main street, coming up the hill from Cala Blanes, there is a right turn (just past Talyots), and its located about 200 yards on the right.

Coming from the main street (by the roundabout), walk up towards the Water Park, and its a left turn near the start of it.

Mentioned in this post
Blanes
Blanes
Costa Brava, Spain
London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pain Killers

FYI take as you cannot get asprin etc from anywhere other than Chemist.

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pain Killers

The Chemist in Cala Blanes is open every day of the week.

Mentioned in this post
Blanes
Blanes
Costa Brava, Spain
london
Level Contributor
122 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pain Killers

Thanks everyone for the replies

Edinburgh
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pain Killers

I took paracetomal, ibuprofen and aspirin to Majorca earlier this month. Codine is also an over the counter medicine so there should be no problem. Take some in your hand luggage and if it's a problem you'll just have to bin it and buy some there but I highly doubt it.

Mentioned in this post
Majorca
Majorca
Balearic Islands, Spain
London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Pain Killers

Dont worry, they rarely even look at a passport on arrival :-)

8. Re: Pain Killers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2011, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Cala'n Forcat