We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegetarian food in Cala n forcat

Kent
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Vegetarian food in Cala n forcat

Hello all

me and my partner are thinking of going to Cala n forcat beginning of september however were both vegetarian and was wondering if the resturants will cater for us? Also were thinking of staying at the Vista Picas Apartments - can anyone tell us what their like?

Any info would be greatly appeciated :D

Thank you

Jen

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
12,013 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vegetarian food in Cala n forcat

Just to make sure that you are looking at the most suitable place for you do you have children? If not is there any particular reason why you are looking at Cala N'Forcat as it is very aimed at the british family market.

Re veggie options, Magicbeer08 or Stana1966 will be able to tell you more about the food options in the resort but can you say how strickly vegetarian you both are ie do you eat fish and dairy products?

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Vegetarian food in Cala n forcat

I think one question was about restaurants in general and vegetarian food?

I would say like most of the Med. restaurants Menorca in general will offer a lot of vegetable dishes(not specically aimed at vegitarians ),but they will unlikely be guaranteed to be free of any animal based ingredients. anything with the word 'Vedura' off the top of my head is vegetable.

What I can say though is that the vegetables are a huge improvement on the bland regulation size ( no taste ) we accept in this country. You can taste the earth they are grown in there. I am not vegetarian but I love to eat them on Menorca for that reason.

Edited: 20 February 2011, 19:26
milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Vegetarian food in Cala n forcat

As I have said on other posts, things change from season to season.

Based on last season, and years before it, you will be fine.

Several places on the main street (at least 6 I know) do have Vegie meals on menus, as well as on starters.

You will also be ok in the port area, in Ciutedella, for both tapas and meals, if you have a trip into the town.

The only beach in resort with Bars, Cala Blanes, also have Vegie burgers, and the restraunt between the beach and the Hotel Cala Blanes does Vegie meals.

While you have found a complex, what is right in the center of resort, if you have not booked yet, there is also appartments and Hotels I have first hand experiance in, what have a choice on Vegie dishes. However, the entertainment does vary in each, normally aimed at set age groups. More detail on your group ages, and I can advise on other places to look at.

I am not sure why MenorcaRegular is questioning if Cala Forcat is the right area for you, ask you have not asked this. However, since she brought it up, its 3 small resorts what all join up into 1 on the main street. This makes it the largest resort on the island. While it offers the most for kids (most resorts have daytime things, but this resort has things at night as well), it also offers a lot for couples. Until midnight everywere is family friendly, but if you want to stay out late you can, be it in normal bars, or disco type places till after 4am. Note if your not out at midnight, you will not know it is happening!!!!.

Kent
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vegetarian food in Cala n forcat

Thanks guys for the comments - i have been here before a long long time ago and really enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere of the place - we dont have children but were looking for somewhere we can spend most of the day by the pool/beach and the night in resturants and bars. We usually go to greece but fancied a change this time.

Thanks in regards to the veggie comments - i like to check just incase as other memebers of my family have been away to spain and found no veggie options. Im sure we will be fine

Jen xx

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Vegetarian food in Cala n forcat

While Vista Picas is not one of the larger places, you will find familys with children, but maybe not as many once the children go back to school in September.

Other places better for couples are

Talyot, but you will need to put a request in to be away from the Snack Bar and Main Bar, as them areas will have lot of children in them. However, the complex is in 4 parts, and the other 2, do not have as many appartments near them, and familys with kids normally use the snack bar area as that is where the childrens entertainment is. The only do self catering, but the onsite restraunt does have vegie items on the menu.

Bini Forcat is a small complex, but owned by a larger one, Los Lentiscos. What you find with this one is that again the familys use the pool in Los Lentiscos, due to there being no on site entertainment in Bini Forcat.

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Vegetarian food in Cala n forcat

Not sure if you discovered them on your previous stay in Forcat, but get down to the port in Ciutadella where there are 6+ chill out live music, disco open air terrace bars where the locals will also be on WEs

stana1966
Level Contributor
116 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vegetarian food in Cala n forcat

Go for the Vista Picas. We go there every year in July/August and it is not all families, many couples use these apartments and return year after year. Excellent facilities with very friendly staff and everything close by including the restaurants which all cater for vegetarians. It is the only complex we have ever been to where there are more sunbeds than guests, last year a family came every day from the Binimar as they couldnt get a sunbed around their pool and were a bit fed up of the loudspeaker all day !!!!

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Vegetarian food in Cala n forcat

The main pool in Binimar dues get busy during the 6 week school holidays, as its by the bar and most of the guest are staying All Inclusive, but the loud specker was not used that much when I was their.

They also have a no reserving beds policy, what is enforced by the lifeguards.

There is 2 more pools in Binimar, what there is always sunbeds avaliable, as a lot of people want to be near the bar and entertainment. Both are located under 2 min walk from the bar.

The other places I posted are also ok for getting sunbeds, as there is more then the demand by the pools in the areas I have said.

Why can people not stick to posting positive things about places they have been to. People are always posting negative things about places they have no first hand experiance of.

stana1966
Level Contributor
116 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vegetarian food in Cala n forcat

Magicbeer,

You are getting a bit paranoid pal.....the reviews on here are all about opinion and just because most regular contributors take the mick out of you it doesnt mean we all do. Your opinion is up to you. As an example you always recommend the Biniforcat......you should really ask if people are on a really tight budget before recommending these apts are they are the cheapest in the resort, fact. You also agree that the Binimar has a loudspeaker around the pool encouraging people to participate in silly games (in my opinion), so should state this on giving a review. Check out the reviews on here of the last 12 months for the Vista Picas, the Binimar and the Biniforcat and tell me which one you would choose.

Just out of interest when was the last time you stayed at the Binimar? Im sure it would have been well before it went AI.....first hand experience????

York
Level Contributor
423 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Vegetarian food in Cala n forcat

I have to agree with Stana (and not just because he supports the same team as my husband).

Posts/reviews are based on both facts and personal opinions. To allow an individual to decide what is best for them, they need both positive and negative information.

Get answers to your questions about Cala'n Forcat