We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tayalot Apartments - query re: best location

Gloucester
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Tayalot Apartments - query re: best location

I have been in touch with the Tayalot Apartments requesting a quiet location perhaps near the snack bar. They have pointed out the snack bar is on the main pool (which I had previously understood was near reception and likely to be noisy).

Is the snack bar, at the quieter end of the main pool? If so, is it away from reception and night time entertainment. We are anxious to avoid evening entertainment after being kept awake in Majorca until 1am every time.

Alternatively, which pool or apartment block area may be quieter but perhaps not too far away from facilities?

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
13,403 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tayalot Apartments - query re: best location

Lottiecat10

Without knowing the apartments at all myself, I suspect that it may just be a trade off between the location being noisy during the day versus quieter at night (pools generally close at dusk everywhere for safety) and only you can chose which is worse for you however Magicbeer08 knows this resort well and may be able to help you make your mind up. If he doesn't post up a reply on the forum soon, I suggest that you send him a PM (private message) - to do this (as you are new to TA, and may not know how to do this) you need to click on MBs username ( see over on the on the Destination Expert details on the righthand side of the page), select "send message" and take it from there.

Gloucester
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tayalot Apartments - query re: best location

Many thanks for your reply. I will keep an eye on posts and will pester Magicbeer08 if I need to.

I've probably misunderstood which was the quieter location, but want to confirm things before getting back to the Tayalot.

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
13,403 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tayalot Apartments - query re: best location

While you are waiting use the search engine on the forum to look for info on these apartments - I vaguely remember MB giving info on this sort of thing previously

Edited: 02 May 2011, 17:24
milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tayalot Apartments - query re: best location

They have 2 pools in the main part of the complex, as well as 2 small pools (1 in each small part of it).

By the reception, you have the Bar/Restraunt and a pool. The other is located in an area close to the snack bar.

What is causing the confusion is that they have spent a lot of money in recent years building play areas etc near the pool by the snack bar, and this is also the area the entertainment staff use for daytime games etc. They now refer to this as the main pool.

However, the snack bar is only open till 6pm, so while that area is busy during the day, you have no noise at night.

Some bars in this resort are open past 4am, and the problem is a lot of the paths pass appartments in the area near the reception, what is the way 75% of people come back into the complex.

The pools in the small parts are not very big to say the least, so most people who stay in that part go over to the other parts.

I would go with near the snack bar if I was you.

menorca
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tayalot Apartments - query re: best location

The snack bar area used to be the best area to be positioned, but they have now built a splash pool right outside, so now this area is very busy. It all depends if you want to be right in the middle of the daytime action, or prefer a quieter spot.

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
13,403 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tayalot Apartments - query re: best location

HarvmeisterMenorca,

I see from your previous posts about this place that you were there last summer which may possibly be may be more recent than Magicbeers last visit to this complex ( apologies to MB if I have got this wrong) .

As I am sure that Lottiecat wants to be as up to date as possible I think it best to suggest that she/he ( sorry Lottie but your profile isn't filled in so I am not sure if you are female or not) looks at this thread from last season - tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g672809-i12730-k37… to try and decide which area to ask to be in.

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tayalot Apartments - query re: best location

I have seen the complex since the splash pool was built.

It is not that close to the snack bar, as the splash pool backs onto the main resort road, and the snack bar is closer to the resort side road.

About 6 of the snack bar area appartments are close to the splash pool, but like I posted before, come 6pm when it closes its the best part of the complex to be in.

The photos on Thomsons website are up to date so you can check for yourself (I have just looked at them), and if you watch the video they have, right on 30 sec it scrols round so your looking towards it, from the bridge close to the snack bar, what is where the daytime entertainment is.

menorca
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tayalot Apartments - query re: best location

The splashpool sits directly in front of block A and H, and is immediately next to the snack bar and having stayed in these apartments in block A before and after the splash pool, we will next time be requesting an area away from these blocks. You are right that the area by the snack bar was a nice place to be located but if you dont mind lots of people and noise directly outside your terrace then it should be ok.

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Tayalot Apartments - query re: best location

This might explain it better, www.menorca-minorca.co.uk/forcat_map.htm

The reception is on Avinguda Simon de Oliver at the juntion with Carrer de Ses Sivines, with some appartments behind the bar and pool, as well as to the right.

The splash pool backs onto the same main road, near the juntion with Carrer des Canel.

The snack bar backs onto the one way street, just over half way towards Carrer de Mestral.

The 2 smaller parts to the complex are on Carrer De Mestral, what is a 3 or 4 min walk to reception as well as the main street.

menorca
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tayalot Apartments - query re: best location

The snack bar is not near reception and is away from evening entertainment. I think you will be happy wherever you stay as it is a lovely complex, why not just see where they put you. I wish we had last year, rather than requesting as things change.

Get answers to your questions about Cala'n Forcat
Recent Conversations