We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

island hopping

petereboro
Level Contributor
96 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
island hopping

hi, my family is going to hotel alimirante shortly. my youngest daughter is working in magaluf and was thinking of catching a ferry to visit us overnight, or would it be easier for myself and my husband to visit her.what would be the best way for her to visit us and vice versa.

thanks

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: island hopping

Island hopping = not so easy unfortunately

The ferry times always favour travelling from Majorca to Menorca, the other way around means an overnight stay.

Palma Ferry if overnight to opposite end of island (mahon ) from where you are

fast ferries are all from Alcudia or Cala Rajada to Ciutadella with above overnight logistics and taxi from Magaluf to these ports will be easliy a few euros ( 100E? ) and min 1h 15mins

Brighton
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Brighton
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: island hopping

Well the locals do a fair bit of island hopping - But the majority fly between the two islands. I've done it myself a few times to get onward connections at PMI out of season.

Up to 10 flights a day. Return fares from 94 EUR. 35min flight with 1 hour check in. Plane is a twin turbo prop and seats approx 60. Added that Palma is the "right end" of Mallorca for Magaluf. Probably a lot easier than the ferry.

http://www.iberia.com/gb/#ES

JtheD

Edited: 05 May 2011, 16:26
milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: island hopping

Just to add to Jons post, Span Air used to fly Mahon to Palma as well. Not sure if they still do, but worth looking at.

www.spanair.com

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: island hopping

JTD you got those flights cheap? thought it's about 100 in season eur one way for non residents?- problem is you still end up at the wrong end of Menorca too, so its not all notmade easy. There is a big local campaign on from the locals to make this easier-you will see posters in all the bars/cafes

PS flight is definitely easier if your pocket can do it.

PS there is on sun/thurs also airberlin Mahon to Palma /and reverse which is often lower price IF they have seats left

Edited: 05 May 2011, 18:12
5. Re: island hopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 17:18
Get answers to your questions about Cala'n Forcat