We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimming & Cycling Questions

Reading, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Swimming & Cycling Questions

I have two questions.

How far can you swim out into the sea?

I'm quite a strong swimmer, and one capable of swimming in English lidos (open air swimming pools). I see there is some sort of cove - are we limited to swimming up it's mouth?

What is a reasonable rate for bicycle hire locally?

I cycle about 7 to 11 miles a day and I'd probably miss it if I didn't take to the saddle at least once while on holiday?

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Swimming & Cycling Questions

"sort of cove - are we limited to swimming up it's mouth?"

I would goto Cala Blanca beach( 15-20mins walk ) and swim up that inlet-much nicer( over 800m I would guess) , less people

"How far can you swim out into the sea?"

If your turn a little right at end of inlet you will hit Majorca,otherwise Algeria/Lybia so be careful :-)

MBs can be hire from Supermarket on the Road to Almirante Farragut(plus other place sthat I cannot confirm for sure )

not sure of resort prices but reckon on 10-15 Euro perday-the longer the hire the cheaper the day price

Brighton
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Brighton
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Swimming & Cycling Questions

Bikes - All prices per day - doubt anyone can get a half day deal - let me know if you can.

10 EUR a day for a mountain bike (should include spare inner tube and pump for the puncture fairy), is the going rate. If you want to keep on the road you may be able to get a bike better suited in gearing (and none of those knobbly tyres) for around 8 EUR - you're not going to get into the "skinny tyre" type for that money tho - nearer 20 EUR per day for a proper 27 speed road bike and you need to bring your own Lycra!

Swimming - as far a you like - watch out for the ferry tho :-)

JtheD

Edited: 17 May 2011, 23:26
Brighton
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Brighton
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Swimming & Cycling Questions

MIB - straight ahead for Majorca, but surely a left turn for the bad lands? :-)

JtheD

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Swimming & Cycling Questions

"MIB - straight ahead for Majorca, but surely a left turn for the bad lands? :-)

"

From mouth of cala blanca inlet my google map says right for big M and straight on will scrape you past Cap 'autrax( so quick drink stop off at Bosch Marina? ) then Algeria, with a bit of eastward drift Tunisia, severe severe drift for Libyia( so take sturdy Lilo ) :-)

Edited: 18 May 2011, 08:16
5. Re: Swimming & Cycling Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2012, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Cala'n Forcat
Recent Conversations