We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cala N forcat

Keighley, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Cala N forcat

Hi me my wife and daughter who will be 23 months when we go are going in may.I was just wondering is there plenty of child friendly places to eat and drink around here and cala blanes area ? Also is there anywhere in this area you can do watersports ? Any tips and advice would be aprreciated as we have never been before.Many thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,574 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cala N forcat

For watersports you will probably need to go ( on bus ) to Cala en Bosch, specifically Son Xoriguer beach.The area you are in ihas deep inlets as the access to the sea plus there is boat traffic into the port which might restrict things. yes plenty of very child friendly places in CnF

Manchester
Level Contributor
72 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cala N forcat

Hi,

I will be in forcat in July :-) My daughter is 6 and my Son 2

I was last there in 2009 and I have never seen a resort so geared up for children (my daughter was 2 when we went).

Nearly all the bars and restaurants have bouncy castles etc is safe fenced off areas so you can relax while the kids play. I remember some having indoor play area's as well.

Where are you staying?

Greg

Warrington, Cheshire
Level Contributor
522 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cala N forcat

Cala n Forcat is really child friendly, but so are many other resorts in Menorca. If you are interested in scuba diving let me know, as my husband has dived many times with diving schools in Ciutadella, Cala Blanca and Cala n Bosch which would be accessible from Cala n Forcat.

Keighley, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cala N forcat

Hi we are going on the 18th of may and we are stopping at roc oasis.Thank you all for your info it sounds like it will be great for my daughter.

Manchester
Level Contributor
72 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cala N forcat

Hi Josh,

Roc Oasis is in a good spot close to all the restaurants etc which are mainly located on one 'strip' through the resort.

The beaches (there are 3) are in small coves and are really shallow and have load of small fish swiming close to the beach. My 2 year old was able to walk quite far out into the sea.

There is a regular bus into Cuitadella which is a lovely place to visit( only 15 min away) and from there you get buses to other resorts - Cala en Bosch is worth a visit for the Beaches and the Marina.

Cala n Forcat also has a small water park - I didn't visit it last time, but i believe it is suitable for young children and they do a discounted price in the afternoon. Maybe someone else will be able to advise if it will be suitable for a 23 Month old.

Worth packing plenty of swim nappies as I seem to remember these being hard to find / expensive

Hemel Hempstead...
Level Contributor
76 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cala N forcat

hi, last year water park was 25% off after 3pm, wouldnt advise it for 2 yr old though more for 5yrs and up, only 3 main rides for older ones and 3 for kids so quite small.

Manchester, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cala N forcat

Hi we are going to calan forcat for the first time in September we will be travelling with a 2 and a half year old. We are staying at the roc oasis, is this close to the resort centre? also we have a friend staying at the globales club Almirante, does anyone know how far away this is from the roc oasis? is it within walking distance or would it be a bus or taxi drive away.

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
11,511 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cala N forcat

As the crow flies it is about 850 m.samantha d, slightly longer by road. There is a map ( incl a satellite version) of the area on http://www.islas.co.uk/forcat_map.htm - both places are marked on it and if you zoom in you can work out the walking route. Neither place is that far from the resort centre -the Almirante Farragut is down on the left and the Oasis Park is just north of the place called Restaurante Cala N'Forcat

Edited: 24 August 2013, 19:27
Manchester, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cala N forcat

Thanks for the information, how long would you say it would take to walk, or would you need to get a taxi or bus? which one of the two hotels is nearer to the town center?

10. Re: Cala N forcat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2014, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Cala'n Forcat
Recent Conversations