We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villas ingrid, Raquel, Elizabeth and Carolina.

hertfordshire
Level Contributor
110 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Villas ingrid, Raquel, Elizabeth and Carolina.

Hi all, we're looking to book one of these villas or next year, and just wondered if anyone has stayed in them, or know if they are nice, in a good area and so on. We are a family of 4 with a 9 year old and 4 year old, and I'm hoping I have narrowed down a nice relaxing holiday, with lots to do with the children. Any info would be greatly appreciated! have had a look on here and can not see anything about these villas, thanks!

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
11,825 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villas ingrid, Raquel, Elizabeth and Carolina.

Menorca's second larges town Ciutadella is pretty close to Forcat and is a proper old town with lots of character, local restaurants, a harbour and shops etc. but the Forcat area itself is not really very typically Menorcan and the people who seem to like it best seem to be those wanting places offering menus aimed at traditional british tastes, bars with plenty of childrens facilities like bouncy castles etc. Shopping wise it has little to offer other than places selling souvenirs and beach toys etc. - if you don't fancy that sort of location then perhaps spread your net to include other resorts with lots of facilities for families ( I see you enjoy Butlins from your reviews) resorts like Cala N'Bosch, Arenal Den Castell etc.

If you look at Cala Galdana and Cala N'Porter both have lots of villas and apartments and good beaches but no water park type facilities. Wherever you pick please bear in mind that the west coast resorts are further from the airport so private transfers will be more expensive than to other places however I suspect that if you are hiring a villa you would probably be getting a hire car ( see Top Question warnings about that topic) anyway.

Edited: 19 September 2013, 11:38
hertfordshire
Level Contributor
110 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villas ingrid, Raquel, Elizabeth and Carolina.

Hi

Thanks for the info! It took me ages to narrow it down to these villas, and we will hire a car so we can visit else where, we really just want a place we can relax in the sun while the children are happy,(in the pool) and have shops, restaurants and and a little beach close by, and these villas seem to fit bill just perfectly! And like I said, when we have had enough of chilling out for a few days, we can venture out in further afield.

I really would like to know more about what these villas are like, if anyone knows of them? Also, being a newbie,where do I find the top question warnings? Sorry, I must be missing something, but I just can't seem to find anything.....

Many thanks!

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
11,825 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villas ingrid, Raquel, Elizabeth and Carolina.

The Top Questions are over on the right hand side of the forum pages up towards the top of the page. I believe that these may not appear if you are looking via some mobile devices but you will definitely be able to find them if using a desk or laptop for your TA searching. The most Top Qs ( incl things like Is Menorca for Me? Car Hire, Weather etc.) are going to be found on the main island forum page but there are a few on individual resort forums

Def. look at the car hire threads and be warned about some firms. - try and book direct not through a booking agent because if a price is so low as to look to good to be true it will be!

Edited: 21 September 2013, 14:06
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,610 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Villas ingrid, Raquel, Elizabeth and Carolina.

You don't make it easy for people to help you- where ( website? ) did you find them. address etc etc

if the Thomsons one ( /menorca/calan-forcat/villas/villa-ingrid.html ) then I'd say they might ( be in the shadow literally/ blocking out sun ) of the Monstrously Ugly Farragut hotel( also what loud entertainments that may have on evenings - might be a concern? ) -see map

Beach is extremely minimal there( space for 10 ? honestly )

I find it's parents that need to escape as kids will live in a villa pool, so you can expand your search?

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
11,825 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villas ingrid, Raquel, Elizabeth and Carolina.

Sandstroller - Re the Hotel Almirante Farragut, have you seen the flowery description of the location on the globales website (direct quote)

" ....Golden sand, impressive cliffs and crystal clear waters will surround you in a place where you will enjoy the unique beauty of one of the most elegant coves of the Mediterranean coast. In fact, if you come to the hotels in Cala´n Forcat, in Menorca, you will be submerged into a natural universe of pure satisfaction, where you will feel the placid and serene calm that can only be found in a place like this.....Choosing the hotels in Cala´n Forcat means opting for quality, nature and the Mediterranean, in its purest state. .."

I am sorry, but either I am going potty or I really think that nobody from the team that put that website page together can have been near the resort ! I know that if I had booked to stay there on the strength of that description then (regardless of how nice or otherwise the hotel may be - I have never been inside it) I know I would be seriously cheesed off when I got there !

Edited: 21 September 2013, 17:35
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,610 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Villas ingrid, Raquel, Elizabeth and Carolina.

I have stood in it's shadow! :-) . It over looks everything there from those balconies. Sure it's fine inside looking out , just subtle integration into the landscape it is not...

I stood last year at Cala Blanca and you can see it plonked on top of the rocks

hertfordshire
Level Contributor
110 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Villas ingrid, Raquel, Elizabeth and Carolina.

Thanks you very much for your help again Menorca regular, we will do our research and look carefully before hiring a car, thanks so much, you've been most helpful.

sandstroller - I am sorry that I didn't make it easy for you to help me, but, I was aiming my question at someone that may have stayed at one of these villas, or know of them well, in which case, They would know exactly where they were, which is why I didn't put exactly where they were in great detail.

But thanks for your input anyway.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Villas ingrid, Raquel, Elizabeth and Carolina.

stayed at elizabeth a few years ago it was fine it is in a quiet cul-d-sac and is about a ten min walk to resort centre

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,610 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Villas ingrid, Raquel, Elizabeth and Carolina.

Donna y what about the hotel overlooking the villa?

buxton
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Villas ingrid, Raquel, Elizabeth and Carolina.

does anybody have the full adrress to put in my sat nav to get me to this villa many thanks

Get answers to your questions about Cala'n Forcat
Recent Conversations