We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cala n forcat

southport
Level Contributor
295 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cala n forcat

Hi, not been here before,, just a few questions please,,, whats the night life like,,,,is there any tribute bands on, any comedians,,, and what are the bars like in the area,, are they in walking distance,,,, thankyou,,sonyarita.

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
12,197 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cala n forcat

Not my favourite resort TBH so I shall have to leave it to others to advise you on specifics.

The Forcat area used to be considered the most lively area on the island, but that was when there was a lot of self catering in the area and families liked to go out in the evening for meals and entertainment. Once All Inclusive packages started to impact on local businesses some places have closed permanently and this season there were reports on this forum that a lot of the remaining independent businesses were closing down for the winter much earlier than in the past due to trade being very poor. Sadly the tour operators continue to push All Inclusive heavily as being the cheapest option but in reality it is because they make good profits out of keeping guests in one place.

The Cala N'Forcat/Los Delfinnes/ Cala N'Blanes resorts all pretty much run into each other so anywhere you pick in that area should be close to some sort of bars with entertainment. Tribute bands and the like tend to tour around the island visiting different hotels etc. over a 2 week rotation so you will find something on somewhere.

Have you looked at the Top Question section of the main island forum page yet? If not please do because the info you want may be on there. If you still need more info can you please say WHEN in 2014 you are thinking of going and what your party consists of - Cala N'Forcat is popular with families with young children rather than young singles/couples so if you want good advice you need to be clear what you want

Edited: 02 December 2013, 20:48
Widnes
Level Contributor
141 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cala n forcat

Despite what others on here say, Cala n Forcat is a great resort and although it has suffered from A.I there are still plenty of bars, restaurants etc and yes there are tribute bands in the Square. If you want more advice might I suggest you try the Menorca the guide website www.menorca-net.co.uk and check out the resort forum on there. I tend to find on here that people are a little unfair in their opinions of Cala n Forcat, although I would agree that it's not everyone's cup of tea.

southport
Level Contributor
295 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Cala n forcat

Ok, many thanks, sonyarita

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cala n forcat

Just be aware that all entertainments are very very low scale compared to other UK popular Spanish resorts- CnF has suffered a lot with AI so the amount that used to be on offer has gone down as folks don't leave their hotel grounds! - well done tourist board !!!!

Take a look around http://www.mymenorca.info/calan-forcat/ , the site above also

5. Re: Cala n forcat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Cala'n Forcat