We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi's: Menorca Airport to Villa Nayade, Cala 'n' forcat

Barnsley
Level Contributor
19 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
taxi's: Menorca Airport to Villa Nayade, Cala 'n' forcat

We go to Villa Nayade Cala 'n' Forcat pretty soon and have, for the first time, booked a separates holiday (as opposed to a package holiday).

Can anyone advise if the taxi's outside Menorca airport(MAH) are better value than booking transfers from here in England?

And roughly at the moment how much the taxi would be one way for 3 people? I understand the Villa is aprox 50mins away from airport.

Many thanks in advance.

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi's: Menorca Airport to Villa Nayade, Cala 'n' forcat

According to www.mymenorca.info/menorca-taxi-prices/ you are looking at around 60 -65 Euro . I would compare price with transfer from with shuttle menorca ( not uk transfer agent websites! ) and pay in Euros.

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
13,094 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi's: Menorca Airport to Villa Nayade, Cala 'n' forcat

I understand that some shuttle service transfers do not always go door to door but take you to the nearest hotel /apt complex that they normally serve so you need to check that out. This is especially important if your comment that you are going "pretty soon" means that you are staying in the Forcat area BEFORE the beginning of May as it may be more difficult to access cheap shuttle transfers in April because the resort will not be fully open as UK package guests ( who account for a large part of the resorts clientele) do generally not start arriving in the resort until the first weekend in May.

Edited: 13 March 2014, 14:25
Barnsley
Level Contributor
19 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi's: Menorca Airport to Villa Nayade, Cala 'n' forcat

Hi

Thanks for these answers. We go the first week in June and have been looking at the idea of the Menorca Shuttle service, which at the moment, is only £69 return price for 3 people. However, I do like the idea of just jumping in a normal taxi and getting there sooner - just the price is around £108 return so a little dearer.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,883 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi's: Menorca Airport to Villa Nayade, Cala 'n' forcat

You need to compare PRIVATE TRANSFER shuttle price ( has no waiting ) not SHARED TRANSFER (wait for other passengers ) :-)

Edited: 15 March 2014, 15:14
Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
13,094 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi's: Menorca Airport to Villa Nayade, Cala 'n' forcat

Agreed - you are not currently comparing like with like. Prices on www.shuttlemenorca.com/meTrans/resultados suggest a PRIVATE return transfer for up to 4 persons between the airport and Cala N'Forcat is €161.22 - the €62.69 price you seem to be looking at is for a shared transfer where you will be on a coach and will be sitting around waiting for other travellers to arrive before setting off and there may be multiple stops at accommodation in the resort.

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
13,094 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: taxi's: Menorca Airport to Villa Nayade, Cala 'n' forcat

Sorry but that link seems to be broken - try http://www.shuttlemenorca.com/

Barnsley
Level Contributor
19 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: taxi's: Menorca Airport to Villa Nayade, Cala 'n' forcat

HI GUYS

Thanks again for the answers. I should have wrote that I knew I was comparing private and shared transfers. I was trying to weigh up in my mind whether to pay the price of a private taxi to get straight there, or pay a cheaper sharing shuttle transfer price knowing we would have multiple drop offs therefore having a longer waiting time to get to the villa. I also know shared shuttles would only drop off at local hotels. Thanks again for the answers. I think we have decided to just turn up to the airport and get a local taxi outside and stuff the cost. xxx

London, United...
Level Contributor
666 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: taxi's: Menorca Airport to Villa Nayade, Cala 'n' forcat

One other thing worth considering is what time you can get access to your villa, as there is little point in spending a lot of money on a direct transfer if you can't get in your accommodation. Obviously this is not a problem if you are on a later flight or if there is no previous occupant in the villa, but some seem to have quite late access times like 3 or 4pm as they need to clean between guests. I noticed this when I was doing a lot of searches a couple of months back.

London, United...
Level Contributor
666 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: taxi's: Menorca Airport to Villa Nayade, Cala 'n' forcat

One other thing worth considering is what time you can get access to your villa, as there is little point in spending a lot of money on a direct transfer if you can't get in your accommodation. Obviously this is not a problem if you are on a later flight or if there is no previous occupant in the villa, but some seem to have quite late access times like 3 or 4pm as they need to clean between guests. I noticed this when I was doing a lot of searches a couple of months back.

Oslo, Norway
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: taxi's: Menorca Airport to Villa Nayade, Cala 'n' forcat

Hello. We are renting the same villa in july. Could I ask you to give us a rewiew of the villa when you have breen there? I'm really looking forward to the holiday, and I hope the villa is like I hope it is.

Edited: 05 April 2014, 09:58
Get answers to your questions about Cala'n Forcat
Recent Conversations