We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hi Binimar Resort Room facilities

cardiff
Level Contributor
12 posts
258 reviews
Save Topic
Hi Binimar Resort Room facilities

Hi

I'd be grateful to hear from anyone who has been to the Hi Binimar Resort in Cala'n Forcat, Menorca.

We would like to know whether the rooms have a Hairdryer, Iron, Cutlery and plates, TV and Radio/CD player, Toilet Roll, washing up liquid, tea towel and Bathroom Towels

Thanks

Cookstown, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hi Binimar Resort Room facilities

Hi,

We went to the Binimar last year and loved it! Facilities in the room are VERY basic. There is no TV, no radio, no hairdryer. There was an ironing board with iron in the wardrobe, toilet roll is included, there are plenty of bathroom towels and these are changed 3 times a week- however if you need additional towels (which we had to get after a trip to the beach) the reception staff will get you some. There is also a tea towel in the room which again is changed when the cleaners come in 3 times a week. I don't remember if there was any washing up liquid... I don't remember buying any and we definitely did the washing up so I'm assuming it was there. If not there is a very good supermarket on site and several on the same road which are very reasonably priced.

If you need to know anything else about the place ask away- you will get some moaners who expect the Ritz when they go there!! Also be aware that there is no aircon but you can rent fans from the hotel or nearby supermarkets.

Niall

cardiff
Level Contributor
12 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hi Binimar Resort Room facilities

Thanks a lot Niall. I'd like to ask a few more questions if I could?

Do the rooms have a freezer or is it just a fridge?

Also can you buy a meal in the Resort? We are staying Self Catering so are not sure what Restaurants there are outside the Resort.

Are there any trips we should consider during our stay on Menorca?

Thanks David

Wolverhampton...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Hi Binimar Resort Room facilities

Hi, we stayed at the Binimar last year and will be back tomorrow for two weeks.

You can buy a meal on site but I wouldn't bother, for the sake of a two minute walk you could eat much better food for the same price. There are plenty of restaurants locally and the prices are very reasonable. You made the right decision going self catering.

Regards the freezer question, I am not 100% certain but if I remember correctly then there is a small freezer space at the top of the fridge, enough for small items.

I would recommend taking the short bus trip into Ciutadella for a day, a beautiful town.

Bury St Edmunds...
Level Contributor
378 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hi Binimar Resort Room facilities

I would second visiting Ciutadella - great shops, beautiful architecture, plenty of lovely places for drink or meal along the harbour. Depending on exactly when you are visiting there may be a fiesta in one of the larger towns, you could hire a car for day or two and visit different resorts, different beaches. There are lots of suggestions in the links at the top right of the page.

I like visiting the various lighthouses, prehistoric ruins, walking, going up Monte Toro, and going to some of the more Menorcan beaches and villages, like Sa Mesquida and Es Grau (but they are over on the East coast, away from where you are staying). But everyone likes different things, so none of that might appeal.

The Island is small and you can drive from one coast to the other in 45 mins, I really would recommend a car for a day or three.

cardiff
Level Contributor
12 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hi Binimar Resort Room facilities

Thanks for all that advice. We 'll probably use the local buses to get around which I have heard are good and quite reasonable.

We see the temperature is nudging up to the 30C mark which sounds great.

Has anyone been to the Water Park? Does anyone know how much it costs? Or how far it is away from the Hi Binimar?

Llanelli
Level Contributor
46 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hi Binimar Resort Room facilities

Hi The Aquapark is about 5-10 minute walk from the Binimar,

they charge 10 euros for children 3-11 and 20 euro for over 11s check out their website www.aquacenter-menorca.com

In previous years they have done half price admission after about 15.30 as it shuts at 6pm

Hope this helps

Sharon

cardiff
Level Contributor
12 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hi Binimar Resort Room facilities

Thanks a lot for that link. My 4 year old son will love the Aqua Park. I notice you mention in one of your forum entries that there is horse racing on a Sunday in the near by town of Cuitadella. We love the races, do you know if this still happens there?

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
12,476 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hi Binimar Resort Room facilities

There is a Top Question on the Forcat forum page about trotting races

Cookstown, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hi Binimar Resort Room facilities

The races still happened last year when we were there but as MenorcaRegular says above check the other topic for more information. There definitely is a small freezer compartment in the fridge that would fit a few items. The waterpark is surprisingly good for all the size of it and as mentioned it is only 10mins walk away- take the shortcut through the Shopping Centre beside Jimmy Hills car park. The Zoo (Lloc de Menorca) is also a good day out for families and if you are hiring a car it's located on the main road between the resort and Mahon so you can't miss it. If not you can book it through the hotel or the Thomas Cook Reps (but they tend to be more expensive).

There are also a few good beaches/ coves in the resort. There is a small one right beside the Binimar- you'll see a path beside the middle pool which takes you to it. There is also a bigger beach at Cala'n Blanes but it is about a 25 min walk. However in my opinion the best one is a cove down by the Almirante Farragut- head to the dolphin roundabout, head down the road to the right, stick left round the bend heading towards the Almirante hotel and just before you get to it you'll see steps down to the left (it's all signposted anyway) and it takes you to a great we beach with shallow waters and it great for kids! The bigger beach at Cala'n Blanes has peddle boats too.

cardiff
Level Contributor
12 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hi Binimar Resort Room facilities

Thanks a lot for all that info. I feel like we are well prepared for our holiday now.

Get answers to your questions about Cala'n Forcat