We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back

Which Puerto Calero hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
901 posts
123 reviews
Save Topic
Just back

Had a week in a private Villa along passed Marina Azul area on Calle Princesca Ico, of which trying to get the local taxi drivers to find was something of a challenge as they thought everything finished at Marina Azul? Anyway we got then well instructed and after a couple of days they realised there was more roads to PC than they thought???? Villa was beautiful BUT! One of the toilet / shower drains reeked and the toilet didn't flush, I phoned the owner, who came out within 10minutes, I explained about the need to get some drain unblocker added to the shower and sink to clear any build up of hair etc, only to be told it had just been re-tiled and was in an excellent top quality finish, I never disagreed, as it was... but the smell? The toilet was promptly repaired but we shut this room off, It was OK as there were 3 other showers and toilets to use. After many holidays in Lanzarote, Puerto del Carmen all the time, we thought we would never stay in PC again, a lovely place but after you have been to the marina a couple of times then that is enough really as that's all there is, so it will be back to PdC the next time and a taxi in to PC as basically there is nothing there apart from the restaurants and a look at the yachts and cruisers. Don't get me wrong, we all had a great time but in hindsight we should have hired a car, especially as the walk up from the Marina, when laden with water and stores, takes it out of you a bit....Until you reach the taxi rank, which is well positioned on the apex of the steepest part Ha!! In future I'll make for PdC in my yacht and give PC a bit of space. Happy hols Peeps!!!

Edited: 26 May 2014, 17:10
1. Re: Just back

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2014, 12:50
Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
499 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back

We went one evening to Puerto Calero for a look around and a meal,Nice marina with a few shops and restaurants but couldn't holiday there as not a lot to it.

derby
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back

I agree it's nice for a lazy lunch with plenty of wine and looking at the boats, but not for a holiday there.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
901 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back

Roll on September and a villa back in Calle Risco Prieto...but Tenerife again first in July.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,485 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back

That's such a shame you did not like it, we prefer quiet but do intend going into PDC for a couple of nights this year

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,477 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back

Why not try Playa Blanca, it has a marina, harbour and more and is the quieter of the three resorts, with beaches, nice restaurants and bars, all walkable if you pick the right areas

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,134 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just back

Glad you enjoyed your hol

Have to agree, we usually do the cliff walk over to PC one day of our hols and even after a couple of hours, a bite to eat and refreshments, we are ready for heading back

You should try CT if you fancy a change from PDC next time, you can get the bus there and back (runs 24hrs) and have a night out, see what you think

Happy Holidays

Danny

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
901 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just back

Thanks for all the replies, we did enjoy ourselves it's just that PC isn't for us as a place to stay for a week or more. Next time we'll be in PdC, as already said, but will try other resorts to see what they are like?

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,477 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just back

Hi Pugwashed, I take you all around PB using photo's in my trip report on the top thread of the Lanzarote forum , posts 3/4, link to Lanzarote forum

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g187477-i240-Lan…

you can see PB's marina, harbour, beaches and restos to give you an idea of the place, your welcome to have a look

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
901 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just back

Thanks Delboy for that cholesterol filled view of PB HaHa!! I see the 3 masted Swedish sailing vessel is 'ALVA', a sail training ship from the maritime Institute of Sweden, built in 1939.