We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi to airport at 1am for 3am GOL flight

Which Santarem hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane
Level Contributor
638 posts
222 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi to airport at 1am for 3am GOL flight

We are looking at this GOL flight from Santarem to Belem that leaves around 3am. I can't see anything near the airport on Google maps like a hotel. How do we get to the airport for that flight? This would be on a Thursday early morning so what can we do in Santarem up to 1am on a Wed night?

Brazil
Level Contributor
10 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi to airport at 1am for 3am GOL flight

Dear Tikibird,

There are no hotels around the airport. It's a 30 min ride by taxi from the city of Santarem. But that shouldn't be a problem. There are taxis available all night. The best attraction around Santarem is to visit the nearby village of Alter do Chao, which boasts one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, according to the Guardian newspaper survey. You can spend the day there and get back to Santarem in the evening. Look this up lonelyplanet.com/brazil/…getting-there-away. If you prefer to stay in Santarem the whole day, there are local travel agencies that can arrange city tours and short trips to beaches in this city. Also, try this agency http://www.santaremtur.com.br/, they might offer you attractions in the city. The website is in Portuguese, but you can Google translate it! If you have any further questions, just mail me, I'd be glad to help.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi to airport at 1am for 3am GOL flight

What is the price for taxi from Alter do Chao to Santarem Air Port in the night-time? and day-time?

Brazil
Level Contributor
10 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi to airport at 1am for 3am GOL flight

Hi, I'll check current prices and get back to you shortly, ok?

Brazil
Level Contributor
10 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi to airport at 1am for 3am GOL flight

Hi, I've just contacted the Santarem Airport.

Information desk at the airport: (55 93) 3522-4328/3523-1990.

Airport Taxi service company: (55 93) 3522-3936

Fixed rate from Santarem Airport to the city of Alter do Chao: R$80 reais (around US$40 or € 30 Euro, today's rate. It's the same rate whether daytime or night time. These are official, registered airport taxis. The trip back from Alter do Chao to the airport can't cost more than that. If anyone tries to charge you more, that's a rip off.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi to airport at 1am for 3am GOL flight

Thank you very much for the info. Very usefull.

Another question, maybe you can help.

In january 2013 i'm looking to travel with a boat on the Amazon to go from Santarem to Belem. Regular Line. I am 4 days in the region of Alter do Chao. In fact it should be departing on sunday 27 jan (maybe sat 26 jan is a option). Do you know boatcompany's where i can make reservation on line or by internet or tel

Brazil
Level Contributor
10 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi to airport at 1am for 3am GOL flight

I'll find out that piece of information for you and reply shortly. Are you familiar with this kind of boat trip? They're not tourist boats, they're boats for local people, so the voyage might be a bit uncomfortable. I'll find out about boat companies and get back to you - probably tomorrow, ok?

Brazil
Level Contributor
10 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi to airport at 1am for 3am GOL flight

Hi, regarding boat voyages from Santarem to Belem:

- Try this online agency , they have the website in English and you could mail them - Amazon Star Turismo Ltda.

Rua Henrique Gurjão, 210 - Reduto

66035-360 Belém, PA - Brazil

Phone/Fax: 55-91-3241-8624 / 55-91-3212-6244 / 55-91-3252-2582

amazonstar@amazonstar.com.br

Plus, there are three main boats operating on this route. The best one seems to be one called "Amazon Star", so you may try to book into this one. Prices range R$ 230,00 (83 euro, no air conditioning, sleep in in a hammock with the locals) to Master Suite R$ 1200,00 (434 euro, 2 persons).

I haven't travelled on this route yet, so I've been checking Brazilian backpackers' sites. Here are a couple of tips:

- do not buy your ticket from street vendors. You might get scammed.

- never leave your belongings unattended. There are pickpockets and thieves preying on overconfident tourists.

- delays in departure are common.

- if you're willing to interact with locals and other foreigners, you might choose sleeping in hammocks. Evenings are cool, so AC might not be necessary.

- the boat stops briefly in small villages along the river. Local children and people will try to sell you their cheese. Avoid eating too much and getting sick.

- boat captains are usually strict about alcoholic beverages (except beer) and intimacy between passengers (and in the hammocks).

- check out these images from a Brazilian traveller: www.verdejava.com.br/lugares/rioamazonas2/

- there are other companies operating on this route Santarem - Belem, but it might be too rough. This "Amazon Star" boat seems to be ok for tourists.

Hope this may help. If you need more info, just let me know and I'll try to find it for you. I'm afraid these boat companies do not sell tickets online, so you might need to book through an agency. After all, this is the jungle!

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi to airport at 1am for 3am GOL flight

Thanks a lot for the information.

I discovered also the Amazon Star. But, to us, we have the idea it's quiet expensive. Because we won't a cabin.

I get a name of another boatcompagnie, Rodriques Alves. It seem that he's is probably cheaper (30%). I get this from a brazilian agency. But also these agency, they have it really hard to make reservations for us. According to them, on the dockas they get information not really clear and correct (confused).If it don't work with agency, probably it will not work making reservation by myself. Why doesn't the agency can't do this. It's their job. They can make money of it. I don't follow good this. But it so hard to make comparing in price and what the boat compagnies offers for the price. It's like you write, it seems that Amazon Star is the most reliable. To inform you: we were already in Amazone (Manaus) and already 5 times in Brazil. So we have already quiet some experience with brazilian people an the land.

If you can give me other info, tell me

Fort Lauderdale...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi to airport at 1am for 3am GOL flight

In Santarem, how far is it from the airport to where the cruise ships dock . And what is the name of the port. Can I get a taxi at 6:00am in the morning.

10. Re: Taxi to airport at 1am for 3am GOL flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2014, 20:15