We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train to Vilanova i la Geltru

Which Vilanova i la Geltru hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
84 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Train to Vilanova i la Geltru

Can you take the train from the airport to El Prat and from there the train to Vilanova i la Geltru? and then, when leaving there, you can take a train south to Valencia or, do you have to go back to El Prat to catch a train to Valencia?

Also, can anyone recommend a hotel in Vilanova i la Geltru?

VPS
Vilanova i la Geltru
Level Contributor
1,556 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train to Vilanova i la Geltru

Yes, you can get a train to El Prat de Llobregat then a connection to Vilanova. However, depending on what time your flight arrives I would recommend you get the bus which is direct. The bus goes from the end of terminal B. If your flight arrives in time to catch a 20 minute to the hour bus it will probably be quicker then getting the train. I think there is also another company operating at other times but I haven't found out the information yet.

You can get to Valencia from Vilanova but you would need to change in Tarragona. The best way would be to go to Sants in Barcelona and catch a direct train. Have a look at the following link for train options.

horarios.renfe.es/hir/index.jsp…

There is not a great deal of choice of hotels in Vilanova and I wouldn't like to recommend any of them. These are some of your options:

Ceferino Hotel, Hotel Solivi, Hotel Ceasar, Hotel Ricard - all on the seafront. Some of them look good from the outside but the rooms leave a lot to be desired!

In town you only have a choice of hostels not hotels.

The other option is to rent an apartment send me a pm for more info.

You will love Vilanova it's an interesting, traditional town with a buzz.

Canada
Level Contributor
84 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train to Vilanova i la Geltru

Thanks very much for all the advice and, the link to Renfe; all very helpful. I'm researching the hotels in Sitges as well. Vilanova i la Geltru sounds like an interesting town.

VPS
Vilanova i la Geltru
Level Contributor
1,556 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train to Vilanova i la Geltru

Sorry forgot to give you this link as well

www.vilanovaturisme.net

Sitges is also very nice and both towns are next to each other (walkable - 90 minutes along a coastal path with lovely views). Sitges is much more touristy and I personally prefer it on the shoulder seasons like May and September. It becomes too busy and little bit tacky in the summer. It depends what you want.

Have a great time.

4. Re: Train to Vilanova i la Geltru

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 15:18