We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport to Vilanova Park

Which Vilanova i la Geltru hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Topic
Transport to Vilanova Park

I am arriving at Barcelona airport in May about 15:00 terminal 2 and would like to know the best way train or bus to get to vilanova, I am staying at Vilanova park. Has someone done this journey before? as much information as possible would be appreciated.

mj6
manchester england
Level Contributor
1,151 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport to Vilanova Park

not used public transport so can not comment on that

have you thought of hiring a car

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
803 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport to Vilanova Park

get bus from Airport to Placa Espanya, walk to Sants train station, get train to Villanova and then taxi to camp... (did this journey about 11 yrs ago)

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,240 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport to Vilanova Park

You don't need to go to Barcelona first and change, there are frequents buses from BCN airport to Vilanova:

http://www.monbus.cat/?lang=en

OR, if the bus timetable does not suit your arrival time, you can use the train. As you're arriving to BCN Terminal 2, you'll be next to the airport train station. Take the train to El Prat de Llobregat town (next stop). Once in El Prat, wait about 10 minutes for the next train from the R2-sud line to Vilanova (you may have to change platforms, I can't remember, but anyway El Prat is a small station and easy to navigate)

www20.gencat.cat/portal/site/rodalies/…

Once in Vilanova, take a taxi to the campsite. You usually find taxis waiting in the square as you leave the station.

Bon viatge!

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
18,141 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport to Vilanova Park

Good advice from belsaita.

Just to add, the Mon-bus only goes from Terminal 1 so from Terminal 2 you would need to catch the shuttle bus round to Terminal 1- they are frequent and free.

The train - at El Prat (de Llobregat) it is necessary to cross the footbridge to the platforms for the opposite direction. Any train heading for Vilanova itself or for St Vincenc (de Calders) will do.

There are also local buses from Vilanova Station (Pl. Eduard Maristany) to Camping Vilanova Park:

vilanovageltru.com/multimedia/Bus_urba_2011.…

VPS
Vilanova i la Geltru
Level Contributor
1,556 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport to Vilanova Park

The only addition I would make is to get the local bus (every 30 minutes) up to the campsite. Taxis are very expensive. When you get off the train, come out of the station and the bus goes from the first stand on the left as you look at the bus station.

VPS
Vilanova i la Geltru
Level Contributor
1,556 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport to Vilanova Park

Oops,sorry wirewiper, didn't see the bottom of your message.

7. Re: Transport to Vilanova Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 00:18