We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of Taxi from airport

Which Vilanova i la Geltru hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cost of Taxi from airport

Hi

We land in Barcelona airport (El Prat) next week. We'll have luggage and a 2 year old so are considering getting a taxi to Vilanova i la Geltru. Any idea how much this may cost?

Thank

John

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
14 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of Taxi from airport

We are a large group and are using suntransfers to and from airport as they were cheapest I could find but that may not be the case for a small group....they are quoting 110euro return for 3 people...you may find cheaper than that by trying around

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
30,230 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of Taxi from airport

Take the airport bus www.monbus.cat

Trains Vilanova to Barcelona EN/viajeros/cercanias/barcelona/index.html

www.vilanova.cat

www.barcelonaturisme.com www.timeout.com/barcelona

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
30,230 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of Taxi from airport

Trains Vilanova to Barcelona renfe.com/EN/…index.html

Dublin
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost of Taxi from airport

Great - thanks for all the responses.

John

Tubbercurry ,Ireland
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cost of Taxi from airport

Hi,we are arriving at Girona Airport and are travelling to Villanova I la Geltru 20th July and are wondering about the cost of a taxi transfer. There will be 7 of us, 2 adults and 5 children plus luggage and am wondering would we be better off hiring a car?? The distance from the airport to the campsite is 1 1/2hrs so a taxi may work out quite expensive.... Any advise would be greatly appreciated!!

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cost of Taxi from airport

Nicola, realistic travel time from GRO airport to Vilanova is more like 2 hours, its about 150 Km. Definitely a taxi will be very expensive, you can guess estimate 1€ per Km plus airport surcharges and toll fees. Plus, you need two taxis to accommodate 7 people.

Renting a minivan for all of you will surely work less expensive. Plus, as you say "to the campsite", having a car may make your life easier during your stay.

Tubbercurry ,Ireland
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cost of Taxi from airport

Hi, thank you for your advise. It's our first time going on one of these camping holidays and I suppose we were just thinking of making life a little easier by having a transfer pre arranged. However if the distance is more like 2 hrs I think we would be better off hiring a 7 seater and having a little independence with regard to day trips etc.. Thanks for advise 😃

West Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Family Travel
Level Contributor
1,796 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cost of Taxi from airport

I took a pre-booked taxi a couple ofyears ago from Barcelona El Prat airport- to Vilanova park campsite.

The campsite arranged it for us. I 'think' it was about 70 Euros return. Which I was perfectly happy with- as we were a family of 5 with luggage in Mid August.

Obviously prices will have risen by now - but maybe you could find a pre-booked taxi service to collect you from the airport?

West Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Family Travel
Level Contributor
1,796 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cost of Taxi from airport

Nicola - are you staying at Vilanova Park campsite?

A car/minibus would be useful if you are.

The campsite is up the hill from the town centre. There is a bus which takes about 25 minutes down to the town centre - from where you have the beach, town and railway station. There isn't anything else up by the campsite.

We didn't have a car - and would have perhaps found it easier to get around. It 's no fun dragging the kids to the bus stop in the hot sun - and making them carry supermarket shopping back .

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cost of Taxi from airport

70€ return from Bcn airport sounds OK, but Bcn is just about 40km from Vilanova... Versus nearly 150km from Gro airport...