We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from Girona airport

Tubbercurry ,Ireland
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer from Girona airport

Just wondering if there is a train station and if this would be an option for transferring from girona airport to vilanova park. Any advise on the best form of transport... I'm for hiring a car but my husband is looking for an easier option!!!

Nicola

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer from Girona airport

Hi again Nicola! I understand your hubby not willing to drive (I do not like either driving when on holidays) but the public transport option will not be easier, maybe cheaper, but much longer and involving a few changes

GRO airport does not have a train station. You can take a bus to Girona station, there take a train to Barcelona - Passeig de Gracia (every hour or so). Stay at the same platform and take a train to Vilanova (every 15-20 minutes, so not a long wait). From Vilanova train station you can take a taxi to the campsite.

There are other options, like bus from GRO to Barcelona-estació de França + metro or taxi + train... But I believe these will be more complicated.

The campsite is not near Vilanova town centre or the beach. I believe there are buses, but a car will be very convenient once there. if you plan to explore a bit the area a car will save you a lot of valuable holiday time.

Bon viatge!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,191 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer from Girona airport

Buses depart Girona airport into Girona on the half hour.

Trains schedules Girona to Barcelona-Passeig de Gracia www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/index.html

Passeig de Gracia to Vilanova renfe.com/viajeros/…index.html

www.vilanovaturisme.cat

www.barcelonaturisme.com

Edited: 07 June 2013, 00:34
Tubbercurry ,Ireland
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer from Girona airport

Many thanks for all your advise, I think we have made the decision to hire a car, by all accounts it seems the easier option! The transport changes ie buses, trains will seem too much trouble with 5 children, bags and heat!! Many thanks again ... Nicola

4. Re: Transfer from Girona airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2014, 05:17