We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

las Palmeras

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
las Palmeras

Reading the most recent of review's I must say I am quite worried. We are due to go to these apartments on an all inclusive basis, like many othres we did alot of research before booking and all the reviews we read were very good. We have btwo daughters 7 and 5 so one of the main reasons booking was the fact we had a choice of different restaurants and we could also use the SAN lUIS TO EAT. If this is now not the case I feel we have been mis sold this trip. To late to do anything now as we head out there in three weeks so I am just hoping we can find something the kids will eat. First time as a family we have done the all inclusive so we were really looking forward to it, now not so sure.

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: las Palmeras

Most of this post, is what was advised a Travel Agent, who was doing an expert hour on Holidays, on BBC Three Counties Radio last week. I had contacted the program producer and presenter, following the issues raised on other threads about this place.

How did you book this holiday?

The only way you can take a complaint forward, is if can prove what was quoted. Anything like print outs from the website, or a brochure etc?

If you have anything to back it up, you need to write to your booking company, using recorded delivery. The problem will be, that if they decide to just give you your money back, it might not be enough to replace the holiday like for like, as your closer to departure date, so fights might be more. If you are that concerned, I would try to get them to change your Hotel.

In resort complain to the rep, if you booked using a tour operator. If no rep, the Hotel Manager. They will give you a form. Be very carefull about signing it, if it says anything like this is now resolved, Insist on it being wrote down, that your not happy and its not been resolved in resort.

On your return to UK, write them them. They have 14 days to confirm they have got it, and a further 28 days then to respond to it.

They will either make an offer or refuse any claim.

You have to take the offer, or reject it in writing, and then they have another 28 days to respond.

If there is no further offer, you can then go to ABTA arbirtration (if the company you booked with are members), what will not cost you.

If they are not members, you can still make a claim, but it would be via the courts and will cost court fees, as well as any legal advise you need to get.

Edited: 21 June 2010, 21:15
Tyne and Wear
Level Contributor
27 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: las Palmeras

Had confirmation from my travel agent on Friday that you could definately no longer eat at the San Luis, all meals have to be taken at Las Palmeras. Did however manage to establish that the mini market will be open when we go later this week. Although like others who have posted on this forum we have been misled in respect of where meals could be taken, but have decided to make the best of it. Have lodged a letter of complaint with the travel agent's head office and if not happy in the resort will take it up with the rep. Travel agent advised that if we had to take anything up with the rep and were still not happy, to telephone the number listed in our tickets (24hr helpline) or if office hours, to telephone travel agent direct.

Hope this helps.

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: las Palmeras

Just for info on this, what was brought up on this site, is not about the mini supermarket being closed, it was the fact that it was advertise as being on site. It is off site, 10 min walk down a steep hill, posts on here said.

While you can only eat at Las Palmeras, the other issue is that only 1 of the 2 (what others have said was advertised as being part of AI), is not part of it. The 2nd dinning area offers guests a 15% discount, if staying at their hotel.

You might also want to let them know, as far as posts here are concerned, the great looking pool site bar, with photos featured on booking agents websites, is closed. As you can not see the pool from where to get drinks, if you have kis with you, you will have to keep taking them out of the water, if you need to go to the bar.

Southport
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: las Palmeras

Hi,

We too are a family of four - two children aged 13 and 9 and are due to stay at Las Palmeras in 4 weeks time. Like you, we are becoming increasingly concerned about the bad reviews on the sites as last year it sounded great. We also agree that we have been mis-sold this holiday and the holiday is definitely not now as it was advertiesed at the time of booking.

Please keep in touch and let us know what happens and we will do likewise. Thanks from Southport

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: las Palmeras

If anyone has brochures or screen shots of websites what show any of the following, can you send me a private message. I might be able to get media involved on this again. I will message back my e-mail adress, so you can attach it to e-mail, and ill send it on.

1, Anything what stays you can eat at the sitster site, and that on site there is 2 places to eat as well. Also, meal times as a main issue is the AI place is closed from 1330 till 1900.

2, Mini Market is on site.

3, Any detail about snacks, as it seams its only toasties or crisps

4, If it says Pool Side Bar.

livingston
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: las Palmeras

Were not long back from the las palmeras and like many others had not travelled all inclusive before, im not going to lie the food is awfaul, ulthough theres been alot of complaints they may now have changed the menu, there is no entertainment here at night and you have to walk 10 mins to the san luis hotel, even then the whole resort shuts down at 11pm, if you are at the apartment complex and decide to have a wine or two after 11.15 or so the staff close up and turn the lights off so we were left in total darkness talking to company we had met. I would advise that if you dont like it request a transfer, we were going to but found that we just could not be doing with the hassle of packing up and moving, the apartments are very clean and pool is lovely, we booked the water park trip which was the only highlight of our holiday.

glasgow
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: las Palmeras

I cannot believe how a place can go from fabulous reviews to terrible ones so quickly.I was so looking forward to this trip but am not so sure now.We have a young baby so are not looking for late nights but even so eleven is early even at home never mind on holiday.Is the food really that awful?

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: las Palmeras

I got a private message from a member of this site, and they have advised me on where its all advertised etc.

As a result, I will be contacting Media on it, and if anyone who has a booking, or has now returned from this complex is willing to speck to them, please e-mail me at citymagic2004@hotmail.com

If while on holiday the good is not good enough, then you need to inform your rep (or phone the UK number, and get detail on who you speck to), and also complain to the Hotel/Complex Manager.

I would also keep receipts for any meals you take outside the complex, as you might have a claim on your return.

As a back up, just to give you ideas, a main meal will be from 7 euro, with 10-15 euro for menu of the day (3 course), outside your complex.

livingston
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: las Palmeras

I will go in to a little more detail concerning the food. Breakfast was a choice of cereal, toast which you wait at a small grill for ages because it takes forever to toast with long line of people waiting, questionable bacon, sausages were literally mini hot dogs, beans, fresh orange, ect... lunch was actually the best meal there, dinners were undescribeable, we went for 2 weeks all inclusive and spent 500 euros on food, we did go in to the hall every night on the hope but we just about turned, we traveled with thomas cook, the rep was a lovely girl ulthough we found her pretty unhelpfull when we went to complain ulthough when we were paying for our trip to the water park she was extremely helpfull. I do hope you have a good trip and if you do find the food ect unsatisfactory most definately ask for a transfer as people did request them when we were there.

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: las Palmeras

Was the water park trip to Cala Blanes or Cala Bosh? If so, this is something you can arrange yourself via public transport.

Get answers to your questions about S'Algar
Recent Conversations