We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfers from Airport to Las Palmeras, s'algar

Which S'Algar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Transfers from Airport to Las Palmeras, s'algar

Can anybody let me know if its best to arrange the transfer from airport and back with tour operator, or will it be just as easy to get a taxi each way? Help is appreciated, were off there in two weeks time.

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfers from Airport to Las Palmeras, s'algar

A taxi will cost about 25 euro each way.

Budget transfers will be about £20 per person return, so asuming there is at least 2 of you, its more or less the same price, so Taxi will be better.

There is Taxis on the rank till the last plane of the day is down, and all people have gone. If you want child seats (the law is you do not need them in a taxi, and the trip is only 6 miles), you will need to pre book, and we will need someone who knows the Mahon side to recomend a company.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfers from Airport to Las Palmeras, s'algar

thank you. There will be 7 of us in total so two taxi's seem the best bet then. As the journey is only 6 miles we will be fine without car seats. Thank you for letting me know details.

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfers from Airport to Las Palmeras, s'algar

Since there is 7 of you, there is another option. Private Mini Bus.

I got a quote on randium dates, for an 8 seater Mini Bus, what can carry 8 cases + normal hand ludgage, £200 return.

This was with www.taxitransfer.co.uk who I have used several times.

It works out a bit more, but you keep everyone together.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfers from Airport to Las Palmeras, s'algar

We are in two parties and the other party will be coming back at a different time to us, so it wont be worth paying for a mini bus. Thanks allot for information though, it sounds like you know allot about the area?

Any other little nuggets of information you can give us about the resort/appartments will be gratefully received as we've never been to Menorca before.

I've read the resort is quiet and very clean... but my friends are I are just going for a relaxing time and to be honest the kids are happy as long as there is a pool... as we found out after taking them all the way to Disney Florida earlier this year and all we heard every day was "when are we going swimming...?"

Warrington, Cheshire
Level Contributor
522 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfers from Airport to Las Palmeras, s'algar

That's kids for you isn't it? We stayed at Las Palmeras before it became all inclusive and had a lovely time. The apartments are spacious and the pool area is really good and quite large for the size of the complex. There is also a kids club. S'Algar is very quiet but also very quaint. I was amazed that the locals just leave their front doors wide open all day - imagine doing that here! There is a lovely walk to Cala Alcalfar with a tiny beach area and Punta Prima is not too far away if the children want to play on a beach. I am sure you will enjoy yourself.

6. Re: Transfers from Airport to Las Palmeras, s'algar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2011, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about S'Algar
Recent Conversations
More S'Algar Topics