We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Los Naranjos apartments - any info?

Blackwood, Wales
Level Contributor
103 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Los Naranjos apartments - any info?

Due to arrive at these apartments on Friday. Concerned about recent reviews. Does anyone have any very recent first-hand experience of these apartments or any knowledge about the change of management. Thomas cook have not informed us of any changes (we booked well before Christmas). Any information would be useful. Thanks. Ludo

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
12,688 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Los Naranjos apartments - any info?

I just had a look at the most recent reviews and although several admittedly highlight maid service issues they aren't dreadful and at least they aren't the "the resort is dead" type comments that there were earlier in the season about the Las Palmeros complex from people who had clearly booked an All Incl without researching the resort it was in.

I would not worry too much TBH - it is far too late to try and change location now anyway. If there ARE any serious problems make sure that you take pictures and make proper formal reports to the reps AND make sure that you get a copy of complaint forms so if the worst happens you do have something to support your complaint when you get home.

Some of the comments seem to be about SAGA guests being in abundance - this IS a popular resort for SAGA bookings because S'Algar is a quiet resort but it seems to me that generally the SAGA guests tend to visit the island in low season so hopefully that will not be an issue for you this month.

Harrow, United...
Level Contributor
2,067 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Los Naranjos apartments - any info?

I don't know about Los Naranjos but the last Saga guests left the Hotel San Luis (where the AI guests at the Los Naranjos eat and enjoy the evening entertainment), on 9 July. I was one of them and I know that there will be no more until September. If the new non-Saga intake over our last few days of our 2 week stay was anything to go by then I was pleased to leave when we did!!

Next year the San Luis will be exclusively First Choice so nobody need worry about their AI holiday there being spoiled by quiet, respectable older people who only drink moderately and are tucked up in bed by 2300. We won't be returning.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Los Naranjos apartments - any info?

Well said!

Blackwood, Wales
Level Contributor
103 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Los Naranjos apartments - any info?

Thanks for your quick responses. My concern has nothing to do with SAGA guests, but purely the quality of accommodation, cleaning, management etc.

inverness
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Los Naranjos apartments - any info?

We looked in briefly when at San Luis. On previous years San Luis guests could use their all inclusive cards here and I used to come for the lovely coffee while my son had a swim in the pool. You cant get a decent coffee all inclusive at the San Luis, but thats another story. We could no longer get all inclusive drinks and snacks at Los Naranjos as it has been sold to a Barcelona company.

Did not notice anything different about the pool area, which I think is quite nice, particularly for young families.

Cant speak about the apartments as have never been inside but they look nice from the outside with well maintained grounds. I believe this is the last year that these apartments will offer all inclusive and in future they will be self catering only.

Trust you will have a good holiday Ludo. We stayed in Salgar at San Luis the last fortnight of June and had a fantastic time.

6. Re: Los Naranjos apartments - any info?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about S'Algar
Recent Conversations