We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feltham Hotels (Good for Twickenham, Kempton Races, London)

philpeg1969
Level Contributor
333 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Feltham Hotels (Good for Twickenham, Kempton Races, London)

Hi All

I hope people get to read this regarding booking hotels in Feltham.

Staying at Feltham is an ideal location if going to Twickenham, Kempton races or London.

Now reading reports about what people are saying about Hotels in the area i am not sure what people are actually looking for in a Hotel.

If you are lloking for Luxury you are not going to pay £50 a night. If you want luxury you may as well stay in the centre of london. You are not going to find a luxury hotel in Feltham.

Feltham has got many Hotels and we have stayed in two of them and we found them both fine. Both are Budget hotels you can get from aroung £35 a night up to £60 a night. I say Budget but very good.

Travelodge was fine. Standard travel lodge room setting, Carpark next door. Good Budget hotel.

St Giles Very good. Good room, very clean good breakfast.

I havent had any complaints about these two hotels and we have stayed many times for either rugby, racing or london trips.

Good Town with many resturants. Good Weatherspoons pub 2 minute walk from Travelodge.

If any one has got any questions regarding these Hotels or the area please ask. Would be more than happy to give you our opinion.

Cheers Phil

10 replies to this topic
philpeg1969
Level Contributor
333 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Feltham Hotels (Good for Twickenham, Kempton Races, London)

Hi All

Just to let you know we are back again at the Travelodge feltham for Kempton races will post review on my return.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,238 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Feltham Hotels (Good for Twickenham, Kempton Races, London)

Been a few years since I stayed at the St Giles and if you can get that for 60 pounds a night then prices have dropped a lot. Unless that is £60 ppn with 2 sharing. The Premier Inn next to the Winning Post was very good last time I stayed there and very convenient for the Rugby Stadium.

philpeg1969
Level Contributor
333 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Feltham Hotels (Good for Twickenham, Kempton Races, London)

Hi

I booked up for this week end as have a day at Kempton races. We had a choice of hotels to stay in both with good offers,

We opted for the Travelodge that we got for £32 a room direct through the travelodge website. Better location we thought.

We could of also booked the St giles through travelrepublic and that was £35 for the room for the night excluding breakfast.

Both very good deals and both hotels are ideal for what we need.

Shop around for deals there are many good ones at the moment.

Cheers Phil

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Feltham Hotels (Good for Twickenham, Kempton Races, London)

Phil, thanks for your post.

Am thinking of coming to Feltham from Africa, but reading some negative comments on its been high on crime. please how true is this?

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,679 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Feltham Hotels (Good for Twickenham, Kempton Races, London)

This thread is three years old so I doubt Phil will spot this. He is still posting on TA however and you could try sending him a PM.

However I have stayed at The St Giles mentioned above and it's a standard rather boring high rise hotel located about 5 minutes walk from the station. Nothing much to do in Feltham itself so why are you considering staying there?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
3,047 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Feltham Hotels (Good for Twickenham, Kempton Races, London)

Years ago Feltham was known to be a rough area with high rise flats and plenty of crime. These days it's improved a lot - there are some retail parks and reasonable hotels in the area. If you need an airport hotel I would still stick with the Bath Road area - however the mainline train station in Feltham is handy for London.

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Feltham Hotels (Good for Twickenham, Kempton Races, London)

Thanks for the response.

We are looking closeness to Heathrow and Hotel that has easy access to London Central. This is our first time in UK and we would like to explore some attractions in London, but found out price ( central London) out of our budget and Greater London hotels have been booked for the days we would be in UK.

Need a nice budget hotel in a good area, easy access to London and close to the airport.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,945 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Feltham Hotels (Good for Twickenham, Kempton Races, London)

Compared to bath Road Feltham is good for fast Trains into Central London but Travelcard will not be valid until after 9.30 .

I don't think the area is bad nowadays.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
3,047 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Feltham Hotels (Good for Twickenham, Kempton Races, London)

You could also look at Hounslow Central. There are a few hotels there now - easy to get to C London (25 mins will get you to the West End) and Heathrow is only 15 mins.

London, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Feltham Hotels (Good for Twickenham, Kempton Races, London)

you can get travelcards for before 09.30 but they come at a premium price!!

Reply to: Feltham Hotels (Good for Twickenham, Kempton Races, London)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Feltham