We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ResortHoppa to Altura

Scotland
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
ResortHoppa to Altura

I am travelling to a villa in June, main party are going the day before myself and to save money i'd considered using resorthoppa to travel from the aiport to altura.

I note that villas or private addresses arent allowed but if i give the name of a hotel or something in altura and get dropped of there even though im not staying do you think this would be ok? Has anyone done this with resort hoppa before?

Thanks

Edited: 21 April 2013, 18:43
3 replies to this topic
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
53,059 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ResortHoppa to Altura

Altura is a fairly spread out place and unless you are 100% confident that where you can dropped off is within walking distance of your final destination, you will have a problem. There are no taxis in Altura to the best of my knowledge and would you have a number to call one if needed?

Perhaps think again and pay for a private door to door transfer. It probably won't be much more expensive in the long run.

There is a bus from Faro to Altura every couple of hours (costs €4,65) but it only stops along the main road and doesn't go down into the seaside resort area.

Mentioned in this post
Faro
Faro
Faro District, Portugal
Scotland
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ResortHoppa to Altura

Thanks! Read on the site that they will drop at nearest hotel which is 1 mile away so that's fine, :-) don't really want to get a taxi on my own.

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,189 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ResortHoppa to Altura

You'll be fine. Even if you don't stay in a hotel, they will be friendly enough to help you.

Just realize that it may be hot.

Reply to: ResortHoppa to Altura
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Altura
Recent Conversations
More Altura Topics