We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Tenerife, advice seeked

scotland
Level Contributor
123 posts
1 review
Save Topic
First time to Tenerife, advice seeked

Will be staying at Taimaimo Tropical with my 10 year old Grandaughter first week in December. Self catering so questions

Are the shops, bars, restaurants open all year?

Where do I get the tickets and buses to the other resorts from hotel?

What can I expect weather wise?

Last one, are the trips and markets still on?

Thanks so much

up north
Level Contributor
2,081 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Tenerife, advice seeked

not stayed there myself but..everywhere is open all yr round.

temps should be around the 75 f the first week of december with plenty of sun. it might be a bit hotter but it might be a bit cooler also.

but plenty warm enough to get a very good tan.

trips and markets should still be on.

lancs
Level Contributor
265 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Tenerife, advice seeked

lol @ shops bars and resturants what 3-4 bars 2 supermarkets and up a large hill to the bus stop a 20 mins walk to los gigantes to a few more bars ect

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to Tenerife, advice seeked

Yes all the bars and restaurants should be open pretty much. For a good meal out try El Timon which is around the back of Tamaimo Tropical in the Mar Blanco commercial centre nect to The Santiago Hotel. It has great sea views and a good kids menu too. The Chicken Shack in the old part of Puerto de Santiago is good too for a cheap night out and my kids really like it there as the owner is really funny.

Your cheapest supermarket is Transito at the top of the steps opposite the Tamaimo. Walk up the steps and then turn left. It's just on the right then near the commercial centre.

Be sure to take a trip to Siam Park as your 10 year old will love it.

scotland
Level Contributor
123 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to Tenerife, advice seeked

Many thanks for your help. I know there are not a lot of local places but a quiet week is all I want before the madness of Christmas.

Aberdeen, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time to Tenerife, advice seeked

Hi there, I have stayed at Tamaimo twice before, once in December and once in January - I am going back again next January. There are a few restaurants/bars nearby and there are a few more if you venture slightly further afield - this is place is perfect for a relaxing break before Christmas!

Edited: 30 October 2010, 09:37
St Albans, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time to Tenerife, advice seeked

We have just returned from a week at the Barcelo Santiago, we took the bus into Puerto Cruz which was nearly a two hour journey on windy roads but very enjoyable. The bus stop is across the road from the Post Office which isn't to far. We bought a Bono card the trip cost 4.05 euros there and on the way back we didn't have enough left on the bono card so had to pay 1 full fare but that was only 6.90 euros, so if you are going to do a few bus trips its worth getting a Bono card ( either 12 or 30 euros) you can all use the same card until it runs out. We got a timetable of the buses from the hotel reception.

scotland
Level Contributor
123 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: First time to Tenerife, advice seeked

Thanks for the bus info also. Getting excited now.

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,715 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First time to Tenerife, advice seeked

We stayed recently at Puerto Santiago, up the hill, and think it's a great place to relax and unwind. We bought the Bono card and used the buses a few times mainly heading to Los Cristianos and Las Americas.

Much as we like PDLA and Los Cristianos there's something to be siad for a smaller place without wall to wall bars etc. Have a great time.

Edited: 02 November 2010, 22:12
9. Re: First time to Tenerife, advice seeked

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Puerto de Santiago
Recent Conversations