We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mahon Airport to Cala en Bosch

Which Es Castell hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
East Sussex
5 posts
Save Topic
Mahon Airport to Cala en Bosch

Hi - does anyone out there know cheapest way to get from Mahon Airport to Cala en Bosch (return). I've seen transfers for as low as £23.50 return. Do regular bus services go this route?

Also as a general transport question, is it easy to get around the island by bus.

Thanks

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
11,763 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mahon Airport to Cala en Bosch

I am not sure why you have posted on the Es Castell forum as Es Castell is at the opposite end of the island to Cala N'Bosch. Assuming that the choice of forum is a mistake and you do wish to know about transfers and bus services etc. to and from Cala N'Bosch you need to know that Cala N'Bosch is about as far from the airport as you can get and there will be no direct buses so your best options are taxis or budget transfer.

There are "Top Questions" about airport transfers and bus services ( see the section for these over on the righthand side of the forum page for the island) which will give you an idea of your options. I have not been able to find the 2011 summer timetables yet) as these only run from 1 May but they should be available soon - basically once in the resort you will probably need to catch the bus into Cuitadella and then change onto another bus to get further afield. .If you do a search using the main forum search engine you may also find further ideas and recommendations on budget transfers and approximate taxi fares

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mahon Airport to Cala en Bosch

The problem with transfer help to the Ciutedella side of the island, is we need to know how many people its for.

Budget transfers can cost from the £23.50 return per person 4 or over you have seen, but to Cala Bosh can also take up to 2 hours, as often off peek you can be routed via Cala Forcat. Going direct on a transfer will reduce it by about 30 min. They are also not avaliable to private Villas. The normal is up to 30 min wait in Mahon, and a pick up time about 4 hours before your flight back. 3 and under are free, but can not use a seat if a fare paying person needs it.

A taxi from the rank for 4 people will cost 60 Euro, with the return being about the same, and will take about 1 hour. They do not have child booster seats etc, as they are not required in a Taxi under local law.

To have child seats, you need to pre book, but this normally means you have to pay 10-15% more direct with a local taxi company (as you are paying to the car avaliable at a set time, as well as the child seats), even more if you book it via a 3rd party website as they will try to make 30% on the booking, by giving it to a local firm.

If using a Taxi for return, I would book it for 2 hours before your flight check in time. The reason for this is if any delay on the way to the airport, your travel insurance if you miss a flight will say you put them at undue risk by leaving your transfer to late.

At todays exchange rates, for 2 people a Budget transfer will save about £50, for 3 people £25 and if 4 people there is not a lot in it, making a Taxi a better option.

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mahon Airport to Cala en Bosch

Did not say in last post, forget the local bus way from the airport to Cala Bosh. The route you would need is

Airport to Mahon. (3 Euro per person) could take up to 30 min.

Mahon to Ciutedella (6 Euro per person), could take up to 2 hours.

5 min walk across town with your cases etc, to the 2nd bus station.

Ciutedella to Cala Bosh.(2 Euro per person), could take up to 1 hour.

The above times take into account you could arrive just after 1 bus left on the route, so you have to wait for the next.

East Sussex
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mahon Airport to Cala en Bosch

Thanks all - I'm new to this forum, only logged on yesterday so forgive my error in putting this in the wrong forum.

I have shortlisted 3 transfer companies who are very competitive; problem is, it is not evident from them at this stage if we will be dropped at the Villa or just at a nearest point. I will investigate further and if I need further help, I'll be back.

Thanks

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Mahon Airport to Cala en Bosch

If your going to a villa, then the budget service will not take you normally.

They drivers only have maps showing appartments/hotels what you can book via tour operators or travel agents.

What Villa is it your staying at, I might be able to advise on the closest drop off point to it.

Ill check back every hour here.

6. Re: Mahon Airport to Cala en Bosch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 00:40
Get answers to your questions about Es Castell
Recent Conversations