We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Hotel

manchester
Level Contributor
358 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Which Hotel

Right we have now decided in Es Castell but which hotel Agamenon or Ray Carlos they both look nice have read the reviews on here still can't decide is the Agamenon in need of a refurb I can see Ray has recently been done but not sure from pictures if I like it ,are the positions of them very similar and also does one have a more mixed age group than the other .Thanks :-)

Cheshire
Level Contributor
2,570 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Hotel

My aunt stayed at Agamenon in May and was very happy with the hotel and service. Her room was quite spacious with a partial sea view. Chosen for its location because our Mahon hotel was full it was ideal. It is the better choice if you intend to hire a car as parking near the Rey Carlos III is difficult to say the least. The Rey Carlos where we have stayed on 3 occasions has many return customers and talking to guests last year they were delighted with the refurbishment. It is not plush, that is not Menorocan hotel style but has a loyal staff base. As the Rey Carlos has been rebranded 'fFresh People' (stupid name IMO) the clientele has become more geared to the older generations but this is not noticeably different from the Agamenon.

Of the 2 the Rey Carlos is nearer to Cala Fonts but there really is very little in it.

Of the hotels in Es Castell these are the 2 to consider IMO.

Edited: 09 July 2013, 10:30
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,883 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Hotel

I suspect the age group very much depends on the time of year and if they are organising a business conference

manchester
Level Contributor
358 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Hotel

We have decided on Hotel Agamenon for next year but on checking out best deal Saga seem to come out best on price if you take into account it's all inc ,the question is would it be a waste going a/I and do they have any restrictions on the a/I ,thanks.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
2,570 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Hotel

Well the advantage with Saga is your included excursions and insurance. I have never stayed AI so can't comment but generally I have heard AI in Menorca is not as generous as many other places. If you are happy to eat in every night and really you are too far to do anything else and you like the odd drink, I should say it makes sense.

manchester
Level Contributor
358 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Hotel

Have done a/I not bothered either way we do like a few drinks but not big drinkers but do like to try different restaurants but now worried by your claim too far to do anything else that's put me off how far is the hotel from bars and restaurants we are fit ish 63+ x

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
13,274 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Hotel

See info on sethotels.com/en/hotel-agamenon-menorca.php and http://www.islas.co.uk/hotel_agamenon.htm plus the general resort map on map on http://www.islas.co.uk/es_castell_map.htm

Edited: 08 August 2013, 11:48
Cheshire
Level Contributor
2,570 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Hotel

Well you should be fine. Obviously being Saga I was taking a more pessimistic view. Should have said Hamilton and Rey Carlos II -are nearer to Cata Fonts but Agamenon is close to Cala Corb and perfectly walkable for fit people to Es Castell and Cala Fonts even from Mahon!

manchester
Level Contributor
358 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Hotel

thanks all kalm again its still Agamenon think we will go Saga its best deal so far .X

9. Re: Which Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2015, 12:22
Get answers to your questions about Es Castell
Recent Conversations