We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clear Blue Seas

Colchester, United...
8 posts
Save Topic
Clear Blue Seas

Hi

Please excuse me I'm new to the site. I just wondered if anyone has had a recent experience with Clear Blue Seas? UK booking agent for The Luabay, Los Gigantes.

We have booked with them for March but have not received our confirmation and I'm struggling to make contact with them.

I'm trying not to panic!

Nat

west sussex
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Clear Blue Seas

Hi there,

I booked with them yestereday to go in april...all seems fine although i havent received an email reciept for my deposit yet.

Trying not to worry too!

west sussex
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Clear Blue Seas

Hi again

if you look on here under clear blue seas los gigantes there are lots of positive reviews. It just put my mind at rest!!

Hornchurch, United...
Level Contributor
518 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clear Blue Seas

I have just added a message on here that Clear Blue Seas seems to have changed its name on the actual Luabay Los Gigantes website, to Beaches Travel in Dublin. Clear Blue Seas have there own website on their own now, dunno if thats the one you booked with? Getting mighty confusing. Have you had your receipt yet?

Colchester, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Clear Blue Seas

Hi there

We finally received our confirmation email, but I still would like to email the hotel for confirmation before we pay our credit card bill. It just took so long and so many emails to get the confirmation, my husband is concerned we will arrive to nothing booked!!

I can't seem to find the email address for the hotel (only a contact form which I didn't get a response from).

Have you used this company before then?

Nat

Hornchurch, United...
Level Contributor
518 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clear Blue Seas

No, weve not used them. The hotel never replies to emails, drive me mad. I ended up phoning them last year and it was much easier.

Colchester, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Clear Blue Seas

Hi

Yeah, I did exactly that today. Called the hotel and they confirmed I had a booking with them via Clear Blue Seas, they couldn't confirm anything regarding payment but said there were no problems with the booking.

I think Beaches Travel are the parent company of Clear Blue Seas, I'm not sure but I think when I researched them that's what I found.

I'm releived that we have the booking, I just need Clear Blue Seas to reply regarding the airport transfer we booked with them as we haven't received anything regarding that.

Clear Blue Seas are very poor at replying to emails and I can never get through on the phone. It certainly doesn't inspire me with confidence.

I'm sure it will all be fine.

I assume you've been to the hotel before then?

Good?

We are certainly ready for this holiday and hope it's a good one!

Nat

Hornchurch, United...
Level Contributor
518 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Clear Blue Seas

Oh good. We only tried Clear Blue Skies because they will put all 5 of us in one room where the hotel itself and other operators wont do more than 4. Bit suspicious though, so havent done it. Been twice, the last two Easters and its been fab, lovely place. Going Papagayo Arena in Lanzarote for a change, as they will have 5 in one room, no probs.

Colchester, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Clear Blue Seas

Good to hear the hotel is nice, fingers crossed our booking will be fine.

Hope you have a great time in Lanzarote!

Nat

Meath
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Clear Blue Seas

I have a booking for Luabay arriving on March the 1st, the problems I am having with Clear Blue Seas in surreal.

The hotel have confirmed yet again today, feb28th, that there is no booking for us and no room for us to stay at the hotel as they are fully booked.

I am waiting for a callback from Andy since Monday, despite my husband ringing several times every day, we are continually being fobbed off.

We have referred our case to the european comsumer agency at this stage and just hope we can get a refund which has been requested.

They have taken money - but there is no holiday. Andy keeps saying it will be sorted - its clear that is not going to be the case. The hotel are adament this booking does not exist.

Colchester, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Clear Blue Seas

Oh what a nightmare!!!

I really hope you get this sorted.

The hotel confirmed our booking, but I think I should check again soon just in case Clear Blue Seas don't pay and they cancel the room? I'm so suspicious now.

I've tried emailing Andy on the address given egarding our transfer but it now just bounces back, there have clearly been some changes at their end.

I don't think I will ever book through an independent again!

I wish you luck with your situation.

Nat

Get answers to your questions about Los Gigantes
Recent Conversations