We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Tamaimo Tropical and more

Finland
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Hotel Tamaimo Tropical and more

Has anybody any experience in the apartment hotel Tamaimo Tropical? Location? How might their all inclusive be? I haven't made any reservation yet, but both Los Gigantes and this hotel are options for early April. Read somewhere that the beach in Los Gigantes would be closed, but I hope this was false...?? And how might the norovirus situation mentioned in another topic be at the moment? Thanks for comments!

Mentioned in this post
Los Gigantes
Los Gigantes
251 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
tenerife
Level Contributor
335 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Tamaimo Tropical and more

I went to Tamaimo Tropical for 1 night and that was well enough!!! Think the Tv programme Benidorm and you wont be far wrong!!

Mentioned in this post
Benidorm
Benidorm
Costa Blanca, Spain
London, United...
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Tamaimo Tropical and more

We stayed there not so long ago on Self Catering and it was ok but I personally wouldn't touch it with a barge-pole on All Inclusive. It doesn't have a particularly good reputation on AI.

Finland
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Tamaimo Tropical and more

Is this really so? I'm so sorry to read that you have had negative experiences, because this place seems really okay in the brochures and in the pictures. Nobody at all that has liked the place? I really don't want to do anything else (exhausted/burn out) than get up early in the morning, take a long walk, have a good breakfast, lie at the pool all day reading lots of books and getting "free" drinks, swim in a heated pool, have some food later on (quantity is as important as quality :-) and stroll around enjoing the athmosphere in the village at night. Maybe some day at the beach doing pretty much the same. Don't care much about the standard of the hotel room, but pool area and food/drinks are important.

Edited: 10 March 2011, 09:52
tenerife
Level Contributor
335 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Tamaimo Tropical and more

If the standard of the food is important dont go there then!

The costa los gigantes or Barcelo Varadero are much nicer AI.

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Tamaimo Tropical and more

I stayed at this hotel last year for one week all inclusive and had a fantastic time food was fine hotel was good you get what you pay for 1 week for two people 500 quid inc flights and transfers you can not even have a holiday in England for that.

sure there are better hotels in this area but if all you want is a pool holiday eat food and drink and chill this is perfect

6. Re: Hotel Tamaimo Tropical and more

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 18:17
Get answers to your questions about Los Gigantes