We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Los gigantes advice please

Level Contributor
10 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Los gigantes advice please

Hi, my boyfriend and I normally visit puerto de mogan in gran canaria over Christmas and love it there however unfortunately there are no longer direct flights from belfast. We can still fly direct to Tenerife and are considering staying in los gigantes. Has anyone been to both and able to give an opinion on whether los gigantes is similar in style and feel to mogan? Also would like some guidance on prices for eating out as we will most likely rent a self catering apartment. Any help would be much appreciated!

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,440 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Los gigantes advice please

I have been to both and wouldn't really say they are similar.

That said I do like Both resorts very much. Los Gigantes is set under stunning cliffs and has a pretty harbour with a few restaurants ,a small black sand beach and a few shops.

It probably would be a similar size to puerto Mogan although most of the apartments are up a steep hill.

Parking too is very difficult unless you have it with your accommodation.

Always hard to advise anyone but I think if you're looking for a quieter place with a bit of character it would suit you.

I can't really advise on restaurants as we stayed in a hotel and only ate out a couple of times ,neither of which were very memorable.

Hopefully you will get some more advice.

Edited: 23 April 2013, 11:34
Preston, United...
Level Contributor
605 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Los gigantes advice please

havent stayed in LG for a few years so it may have changed....its more of a " laid back " resort " but we really enjoyed that ( was in our 40s ) at the time , it has a nice harbour , boat trips inc masca which is a must see place, the beach is small but adequate & safe swimming, there is also a lido right on the sea front ( have to pay a few euro for entrance ) but is a great place to swim. its very hilly . has good restaurants /bars some with live entertainment. there wasent any really late night bars/clubs when we went but may have changed . ( apart from the " highland paddy " ) which went on till 2/3 am. and its close to playa arena ...has good bus service and plenty of taxis. hope this is of help ....ps we almost stayed there this year but its at least an hours drive from airport so that put us off because our flight is late at night and driving after the flight would be just to far ...this time ...but would deffo go back.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,466 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Los gigantes advice please

Its absolutely nothing like Puerto Mogan ,and i dont think theres anywhere on the Canary Islands like it .

Mogan only has a few buildings more than two/three stories high .Mogan is flat ,easy to get round and most things close by 11pm ...........Los Gigantes certainly is none of these !!

Level Contributor
10 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Los gigantes advice please

Many thanks for all the guidance. Very useful. Sounds like its worth a go, nobody seems to have bad reports :)

co.meath ireland
Level Contributor
259 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Los gigantes advice please

We stayed in Playa del Arena last year which is only about 15min from Los Gigantes.

We walked into Los Gigantes every day it was beautiful. The views are spectacular and we loved it so much we are going back again this year.

You won't be disappointed. Enjoy

Rugby
Destination Expert
for Ibiza
Level Contributor
1,390 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Los gigantes advice please

Having been to both, I would say that I prefer Puerto de Mogan. Much nicer beach, and generally prettier. We stayed in Los Gigantes a few years ago, but wouldn't go again, whereas we would revisit Mogan.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
816 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Los gigantes advice please

Went to Los Gigantes for Christmas this year and loved it, ate Christmas Day at El Rincon Juan Carlos, food was excellent. Only been to Puerta de Mogan for the day, so can't really compare but we liked Los Gigantes so much we are going back in July.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,821 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Los gigantes advice please

Los Gigantes, very British, very hilly, small black beach, not much to do if you like night-life. A couple of very good restaurants and a fair few mediocre ones. I can only compare it to Marmite!

redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

9. Re: Los gigantes advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2014, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Los Gigantes