We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to loro parque booking advice

Gravesend, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to loro parque booking advice

We are staying at the holiday village in playa de la arena in September and want to go to loro parque. I was going to buy tickets from travelrepublic.co.uk which includes travel but they have been useless in providing any information about the pick up places/times etc. can you buy excursions locally rather than going through first choice? Any advice welcommed!

Chester
Level Contributor
2,592 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to loro parque booking advice

Hi,

I went to the Loro Park last week but as I was staying in PDLC I just walk along one morning and paid the 33 euros entrance at the gate. That said as the Siam park and the Loro park are owned by the same person and there was a lot of places to buy the twin tickets so I would expect there to be quite a few places for you to buy locally.

The one negative I saw with the organised trips was you had to keep up with the tour guides schedule.

People were rushed through parts of the zoo to make sure they had seats for the shows.

If you could make your own way to PDLC I think you would have a much better day at the park.

Keith.

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to loro parque booking advice

I take it you haven't booked your holiday with first choice? If not then you are really a guest of the Luabay Costa los Gigantes as only the first choice guests can use most the holiday village activities.

The Loro park is a 2 hour plus drive from the hotel so the only other option is to hire a car and pay on the gate.

We went with first choice and had a great day, I'm not sure about the keeping up with the tour guide bit?? we were just dropped off and given a pick up time for the coach for the return trip, We just walked around and went to the shows etc at our own pace.

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to loro parque booking advice

Went to Loro yesterday (review to follow) basically enjoyed the day but feeling slightly conflicted by the animal shows. We booked twin tickets online in advance (Attractiontix or similar website) for Loro and Siam which were around 40e for the two for adults and included a 10e meal voucher for Siam. All worked very well so far but we haven't done Siam yet. Hope the helps - also the queue for Internet tickets was non existent and we got a car park spot no problem at 9am (3.50e). It did get crowded and all the people on bus trips left en mass at 16:00!

Gravesend, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to loro parque booking advice

We have booked holiday with first choice but I know they are expensive excursions so wanted to see if we could get a bus there ourselves, husband dosnt want to drive!

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip to loro parque booking advice

Hi

Yes you can do the journey by bus {see link below} but the bus will only take you to the bus station in Puerto, from there it is either a 25 min walk or a taxi or the free road train to Loro Parque so it will be a long day just for the journeys {I would think about 2 to 2.5 hours each way hotel to parque} but you will see some great views on the bus and Loro Parque is a great day out :0)

www.titsa.com/index.php…

Hope this helps

Sparhawk1

6. Re: Trip to loro parque booking advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2014, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Los Gigantes
Recent Conversations