We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

Radstock, nr Bath
Level Contributor
25 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Weather

Hi, we are coming out on Friday, anyone there can tell me what the weathers like as forecast not good? Thanks

8 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather

It was bouncing down when we left yesterday...we felt so sorry for those just arriving! Unfortunately, as per the UK, the Autumn weather is never 100% predictable, but we did find the BBC website pretty accurate during our stay, which was a 50/50 mixture of days of brilliant sunshine and some overcast, but still warm days, coupled with a thunderstorm or 2 thrown in at night! Still had a fantastic time though, exploring the island on the the cloudier days, visiting places we would of probably not seen if the sun was out. Hopefully you get a good week, but try to not let it spoil your visit as there's always something to do or see :)

Radstock, nr Bath
Level Contributor
25 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather

Thank you so much, that's a big help. Not good when it's raining, but still a getaway.

Dorchester, United...
Level Contributor
904 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather

After a very hot and sunny summer Autumn seems to have come a bit early to Menorca. I got back on Tuesday and had a very mixed week of some hot sunny days but also a lot of cloud, a couple of storms and rain. I also found the BBC website very accurate but only for the current day and next 2 and it changed all the time. Since we returned I see the weather has continued to be very changeable so just be prepared with some warmer clothes and things to do when you can’t go to the beach.

Mentioned in this post
Menorca
Menorca
Balearic Islands, Spain
Radstock, nr Bath
Level Contributor
25 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather

Thank you for your help. Best pack wellies and raincoat, haha.

Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather

Hi Debbie, I've just seen your question re taxi costs to CNP from the airport so assuming you're not hiring a car? Is this an option for you, as IMO the flexibility of having a car is invaluable, particularly at this time of year, and opens up so many more avenues on those non beach days. Driving and navigation is pretty easy over there, with basically one main road running the length of the island with roads splintered off it, (think of a christmas tree). At approx 40€ for taxi transfer, it could be well worth looking into the cost for a car, using the help on the top questions link if you're in a position to do so.

devon
Level Contributor
17 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather

We are here now and have hired a car and it's easy driving and very chilled once you are used to it . Weather is good but had a heavy shower on Saturday on. one side of the island

Radstock, nr Bath
Level Contributor
25 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather

Hi, sorry I missed this somehow. We are here now, thank you.

Radstock, nr Bath
Level Contributor
25 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather

Thank you, we are here now.

Reply to: Weather
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cala'n Porter
Recent Conversations