We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Childrens activities

Derry, Ireland
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Childrens activities

Hello,

We are staying in vidal court for a week at the end of August with 2 children aged 3 and 6.

Does anyone know if you can pay to use the slides & pool at siesta mar, or do you have to be staying there?

Is it possible to get a bus from Calan Porter to Cidudaela, or do we have to go to Mahon 1st.

And lastly is there any other local attractions for young children in the town.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Cala'n Porter
Cala'n Porter
Menorca, Spain
Mahon
Mahon
Menorca, Spain
London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Childrens activities

Ciutadella bus option is only via Mahon.

Childrens Attractions:

At the rear next to 007 bar is a new public playarea for small children including football area

Next door to the Village Store supermarket is a good selection of paid large bouncy castles and trampolines ( with bar cafeteria for parents ) and also Go Karts.

The fun house is up the main Avignuida central about 5mins stroll to Fun House and paid indoor / outdoor playarea

At at the beach itself is a toddlers public play area under the palm trees on the beach

Not sure Siest del Mar water chutes are in operation this year-anyway buying a poolside drink lets you use them

Mentioned in this post
Ciutadella
Ciutadella
Menorca, Spain
Mahon
Mahon
Menorca, Spain
Derry, Ireland
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Childrens activities

I think Ive now spoted most of those places on google earth, so hopfully ill have my bearings when I get there.

Thanks for the help.

Tyne and Wear
Level Contributor
38 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Childrens activities

How was Vidal Court? I am just about to book a private apartment there and hoping the surroundings are nice? What's the pool bar like? How are the prices etc? My children are 13 and 8. Any info would be greatly received.

Derry, Ireland
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Childrens activities

Vidal Court was good, apartments are quite small, and having spoke to other guests there seemed to be some very basic and other really weel kited out apartments, we stayed in 1a which was excellent, the only thing it did have was AC.

We dident rent a car because it was so expensive in august, supermarkets in calan porter were quite expensive, compared to hypermarkets in the bigger spainsh resorts. Resturants where good value we tired salamdra, big als and another few i cant rember the name of, but i dident think the food was great quality, everything came with fries & tinned veg, the children really enjoyed the pool there were plenty of other children there, but it was never packed. We dident use the pool bar so i cant comment on it, sorry!

The beach was very safe for children, but i was surprised with the amount of litter on the sand & in the water.

Its the quietest resort ive stayed in, but the was enough to keep our 3 & 6 year olds busy all week, i think a 13 & 8 year old would have a good time there, because there are plenty around that age to run about with & the resort is safe enough that you wont have to wory to much about them, if there out of sight.

Hope this helps & you have a good time.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,883 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Childrens activities

Vidal Court I think is private apartments complex with communal pool so apartments will all vary ?

The restaurants you mentioned are not the better ones in the resort- try la Palleta, La Vela, Il Pulpo etc which are more expensive but you get whay you pay for.

Supermarket prices in CP are the same ( inflated ) as in any beach resort on the island-Menorca is a lot more expensive than mainland spain

I've rarely found litter on the beach, cleaned every day must of had a bad wind and bins were over flowoing-still the litter comes from you fellow holidaymakers

You can like anywhere get days when a passing cruise ship/passengers have dumped rubbish at sea

Mentioned in this post
Menorca
Menorca
Balearic Islands, Spain
Tyne and Wear
Level Contributor
38 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Childrens activities

Oh good I am pleased you confirmed that about the beach and the restaurants as I had my heart set on the place and was a little worried. I do like a nice meal. Are there any authentic spanish restaurants? What sort of prices are you talking for the better restaurants, drinks etc. Are we talking the same as home roughly? Can you give me any ideas re: prices in supermarkets? I have been to cyprus a few times and have found that the most expensive so far. I am happy with booking the apartment as I have seen pics of it and it looks fine. Any other information on the resort itself would be greatly received. Many thanks.

7. Re: Childrens activities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2011, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Cala'n Porter
Recent Conversations