We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seth Playa Azul - Cala n Porter

Which Cala'n Porter hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lancashire
Level Contributor
33 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Seth Playa Azul - Cala n Porter

Has anyone been to this hotel recently and would you recommend it. I have read the reviews on Trip Advisor but there are none for this year yet so just wondering if its still okay.

We like the beach, somewhere to walk to and of course decent food and was thinking of doing the all inclusive at this hotel.

Any comments would be appreciated!

liverpool
9 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Seth Playa Azul - Cala n Porter

Hello, we re a young couple from Liverpool and have just returned from a week all inclusive from the Seth Playa Hotel and where VERY impressed with almost everything.

The food was clean hot and always yummy, my bf is quite a fussy eater and was enjoying the fish most days. the service was of a 4 or 5 star quality and the drinks where nice but not the best.

The area was gorgeous, small clean and safe. quite a few nice looking restaurants and bars but all were empty when we were there which made me sad lol.

I would definately return to this hotel as it was the best holiday ever :) And if you do go....make sure you go on the day trip with Raphael, he is brilliant.

hope this helps. Lisa & Lee x

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
12,189 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Seth Playa Azul - Cala n Porter

Welcome to the forum Lisa -Sounds like we have another convert to the island.

The reason that you found everywhere so empty was that the tourist season only started a few weeks ago and everything on the island takes a while to perk up. Early May is always quiet, but come July it will be quite a lot busier

Out of interest, what was dissapointing for you about the All Incl option drinks - the selection available or the quality?

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Seth Playa Azul - Cala n Porter

Thanks for your report Lisa, glad you enjoyed the area.

First half of May is generally very quiet in ALL menorcan resorts particularly as Easter was late in 2011 and most of the trade starts late May/early June

Menorca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Minorca
Level Contributor
628 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Seth Playa Azul - Cala n Porter

The hotel was indeed refurbed last year, I haven´t stayed there but was taken on a tour by the hotels young and enthusiastic manager. The hotel is classed as a 3* if I am not mistaken. Rooms were clean, pool area was nice, although would have benefitted from more sun loungers IMO. The food was good and drinks were included with lunch and dinner, but I would always go with HB as there are quite a few "good eats" in CP, which you would miss out on if you went AI.

CP beach is a lovely spot, calm waters and very clean. Don´t forget to visit the Caves nightclub open as a bar during the day (cova dén xoroi), sunset is beautiful from the dance floor!

Hope this helps,

Raff

glasgow
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Seth Playa Azul - Cala n Porter

have not been in the hotel but it looks lovely heard comments that its really up to standard the views are amazing as right on the bay overview as said its only the beginning of the season just back ourslves we have been going to calanporter for 7 years and are now thinking of buying a vila to live there my kids have grown up there one of 16 and one of 11 never felt safer anywhere else the people are really friendly have made some good friends there el pulpo is a great place to eat and go to the aloha to my friend manolis bar cocktails great but not too many there lethal hahaha for a relaxing holiday and safety for kids calanporter is the place enjoy

Edited: 30 May 2011, 10:58
London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Seth Playa Azul - Cala n Porter

My friend has well positioned 2bed villa with pool there for sale. PM if interested.

liverpool
9 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Seth Playa Azul - Cala n Porter

In my own opinion I think there should be a cocktail menu with lots of choice.....when I was there, there was only two choices. there was the option to make other drinks but they were not on the menu. But this is only my personal opinion. I would definatley return tho in spite of this as we had a wonderful time and were treated fantastically.

P.s we miss the receptionist Rosa :) she is brilliant x

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
65 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Seth Playa Azul - Cala n Porter

Hi all booked for the Playa Azul in September 6 weeks to go n counting whheeee now do I need dressy clothes or just? does any know the email address to contact as hubby bit scared of heights on certain balconys. may need to request lower if poss, regards j xxxx

19. Re: Seth Playa Azul - Cala n Porter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 16:18
Get answers to your questions about Cala'n Porter