We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cala'n Playa?

London
Level Contributor
168 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Cala'n Playa?

Anyone got any info on Cala'n Playa Porter apartments and complex...location, apartment balcony size etc. Anything at all in fact?

Am looking at private rentals on Owners Direct.

Thanks.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cala'n Playa?

The Cala en Porter Playa apartments I believe are one and the same. If the description reads that it is a complex of 36 apartments then it will be. In 2000, I repped these apartments when they were exclusive to Direct Holidays. The complex is 3 blocks of 12 apartments, with 6 being lower and 6 being upper floor. The terraces were a fair size, you could fit a table and four chairs on them. The main living area and kitchen were quite compact but the bedrooms were spacious and I believe all were two bedroomed apartments. The poool is a good rectangular size and has a circular paddling pool in the corner. There was a small kids play area between the two back blocks. Reception back then was a tiny office off to the left of the pool/snack-bar. It was a quite a pleasant complex when Direct had it. we even had a kids club there back then. I dont think this will be the case now that the complex is in private ownership.

If you go onto google.com and use the map application, type carrer de xoroi (name of street apartments are on) into the search bar, it will bring it up in the district of Alaior. Zoom in and you will see the complex immediately just off this street. The pool and three blocks are very clearly seen. from here you can zoom around the resort and see the layout. There is a good supermarket just in fron of the complex and there used to be a kiddies play area there too, this may have changed since my last visit in 2007. The curved road to the left as you view the satellite view is where all the shops and restaurants are, also Carrer del Xaloc to the top of the map view is were you will find some bars and souvenir shaops also.

The beach is accessed by mini-train down the hill of you can take the 193 steps, but its worth it! the beach here is excellent. Cala en Porter is so well placed for the airport, very short transfer! Close to Mahon too for a good day out and some culture. Hope that helps.

London
Level Contributor
168 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cala'n Playa?

Thank you so much for your informative reply. Will google and have a look.

Thanks again.

Falkirk, United...
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Cala'n Porter
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cala'n Playa?

Hi,

Just an update on the last post.

We were in CnP three weeks ago & noticed that the reception/bar is closed & has a "for rent" sign. All the apartments are now privately owned & have some permanent residents.

I've used this complex twice for family holidays & my daughter stayed there last October.

There were ceiling fans in both bedrooms.

The complex is in a great position, not too far from the centre.

Carol

Falkirk, United...
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Cala'n Porter
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cala'n Playa?

Hi,

More updates.....

The resort doesn't have a mini train anymore.

Carol

London
Level Contributor
168 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cala'n Playa?

Thank you for info.

6. Re: Cala'n Playa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 04:18
Get answers to your questions about Cala'n Porter
Recent Conversations