We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is your favourite thing about Cala'n Porter?

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
273 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What is your favourite thing about Cala'n Porter?

Would love to hear the views and opinions of people who have been to Cala'n Porter. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Chris x

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What is your favourite thing about Cala'n Porter?

Interested to know what's behind your question?

Beach, bay and views and the fact that there is a good mixed of spanish tastes amongst restaurants and not overun by UK package holiday crowds plus it's open in spring.

Edited: 10 September 2011, 15:51
Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
273 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: What is your favourite thing about Cala'n Porter?

Menorcaislandboy,

Thanks again. You kindly gave me your advice before when I found the bad review for Cala'n Porter and then we booked an apartment on the cliffs overlooking the bay.

I suppose I just wanted to hear a few people give their opinions on it as there are very few posts or reviews. I suppose only being a small resort there is only so much anyone can say but sometimes when you ask an open question like that it gets people discussing their opinions!

Thaanks again,

Chris x

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What is your favourite thing about Cala'n Porter?

The thing is that most reviews here and other such review sites are from hotel package tourists and as CP is not so loaded with hotels there will be less reviews than other hotel oriented places like cala en bosch etc etc :-) same would be true for Binibeca

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
273 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: What is your favourite thing about Cala'n Porter?

I didn't realise that. I wonder why independent travellers aren't more interested in researching their holiday choice. You would think it would be more in their interest to find nice restaurants and suggestions of available walks or places to visit.

I just think that hearing other people's views give a feeling about a place and was just interested.

You never know I may get some replies!

Falkirk, United...
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Cala'n Porter
Level Contributor
1,057 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is your favourite thing about Cala'n Porter?

Hi Chris,

Over the years we've introduced friends & family to CnP & not one of us can give a reason why we love it so much & keep going back.

Yes it's a holiday resort but there is a great community feeling to the place. There is a large ex pat population & visitors tend to return year after year so you see familiar faces & make good friends.

As well as everything that Menorcaislandboy has said, it's safe, welcoming, laid back, close to the airport & a good base for visiting the rest of the island.

I'm off again next Saturday for another week of R&R.

Have a look at my other posts on CnP for more info

Carol

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
273 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: What is your favourite thing about Cala'n Porter?

Thanks Carol for giving me some 'feeling' about CnP. I will look at your other posts as suggested and no doubt be back for more info soon!

Have a good holiday

Chris x

London, United...
Level Contributor
202 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: What is your favourite thing about Cala'n Porter?

Hi - CnP is great just outside of the high season, so May, June and September are perfect for some R & R, except perhaps next weekend as it's the CnP fiesta on 17 / 18 Sept and the whole resort gets involved. If anyone is going to be there, don't miss the Jaleo with the horses on the beach - good atmosphere and fun. Other than that, the Covas d'en Xoroi get my vote as a fantastic venue for a drink.

Falkirk, United...
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Cala'n Porter
Level Contributor
1,057 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is your favourite thing about Cala'n Porter?

I've visited at various times during the season & booked this weekend specifically to catch the fiesta.

Even in the middle of the high season I've found that the resort is fairly quiet during the day. Most people will be resting at the beach or by their pools & in the evening there is plenty going on, so you can relax with a nice dinner, a drink & some entertainment.

That's the kind of R&R I like.

Carol

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
273 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: What is your favourite thing about Cala'n Porter?

Thanks Carol, obviously CnP comes well recommended by you. Have a lovely holiday

Chris x

UK
Level Contributor
42 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What is your favourite thing about Cala'n Porter?

I'll be there at the weekend so hope the restaurants don't get too booked with the fiesta on.

Get answers to your questions about Cala'n Porter