We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is your favourite thing about Cala'n Porter?

Which Cala'n Porter hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
273 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What is your favourite thing about Cala'n Porter?

Would love to hear the views and opinions of people who have been to Cala'n Porter. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Chris x

London, United...
Level Contributor
124 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: What is your favourite thing about Cala'n Porter?

I totally agree with caroliner, 1st time at CnP just 2 weeks ago and I will definitely go back next year! Travelled with my cousin and our 16 and 17 year old daughters - they loved it too, enough to keep them entertained for a week but they said maybe 2 weeks could have got boring for them!

Great safe feel, not 'neon' !!!, easy flight from uk and 15 mins from airport (although no aircraft noise at all in resort), an amazing beach and scenery, fabulous restaurants (look for the special menu deals - starter, main, dessert, 1/2 bottle of wine per person, coffee and liquer for 18 euros!), a few bars, 2 well stocked supermarkets that deliver for free and an amazing nightclub in the coves......what more can you ask for!

Any questions please ask, happy to help!

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
273 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: What is your favourite thing about Cala'n Porter?

Thanks Georgina,

That sounds just perfect. Will be back to ask you more questions nearer the time. We have booked for next August so it's ages off yet unfortunately.

Thanks again Chris x

London, United...
Level Contributor
124 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: What is your favourite thing about Cala'n Porter?

You're welcome Chris!

Where have you booked for?

I'm hoping to fit in a quick week in June next year - back to the Bahia Playa Apts.

Before we went, we read mixed reviews and were a bit apprehensive but we were very happy with them, spacious, quiet, maybe need a bit of redecorating in some places but hey! I wasn't buying the place! It was clean, well situated, helpful staff - from the reception staff to the cleaners and had a lovely pool with well kept and attractive gardens.

Feel free to ask anything!

London, United...
Level Contributor
124 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: What is your favourite thing about Cala'n Porter?

......sorry....correction.... Bahia PARK Apts!

(getting muddled with the accommodation name for my Cuba holiday later in the year, haha!)

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
273 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: What is your favourite thing about Cala'n Porter?

Hi again Georgina,

We always book a private apartment with Owners Direct or similar. This one is on the cliffs overlooking the bay. The view is spectacular but we will know more about it when we have been. The apt reference is B646 and looks very plain inside but we spend all our time on the terrace or out and about so it should be ok. It doesn't have a pool but we love the beach and exploring the area so that isn't a problem.

We are going for 2 weeks and really looking forward to it.

Chris x

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: What is your favourite thing about Cala'n Porter?

hi, we are a family with young kids and went to calan bosch last year and loved it. Thinking of trying C+P this year as so handy for the airport. Would love feedback from anyone who has been there with youngish children. We will probably go via owners direct also. Love to hear what you think. We mostly like to go to the beach/pool and have nice places to eat at night.

Especially love to hear any comparisons with calan bosch....

many thanks

J

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: What is your favourite thing about Cala'n Porter?

Cala en Bosch / Los Delfines areas are IMHO the resorts least representative of 'typical' menorca resorts ( 25+ years knowledge of island) , so if you love them you probably will not like/less likely so like other places on the island as they will be 'too quiet',less uk touristy. CP has a lot ,lot less hotel visitors than Calan Bosch so has a very different atmosphere. Maybe Son Bou would be your thing?

That all said often Cala Bosch and Los Delfines are oftne UK people' s first taste of thesland as they come on Package Holidays in the glossy broschures

Edited: 05 November 2011, 09:44
Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
11,794 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: What is your favourite thing about Cala'n Porter?

I agree -the Cala N'Forcat /Los Delfines area is completely different from the rest of the island. Cala N'Bosch is less so but still more "touristy" than a lot of other places. If you want a change but aren't sure where to go please say what it was you liked about Cala N'bosch so we can try and work out which other places might be good for your requirements.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
273 posts
1 review
Save Reply
19. Re: What is your favourite thing about Cala'n Porter?

Hi Jenster,

My daughter and her family comprising of 3 boys aged 14, 9, and 7 went to Cala'n Porter this August and had a really nice time. They found it very safe and relaxing and just enough restaurants to keep them happy in the evenings.

However, they only went to the beach a couple of times because of the steps and, although my daughter was happy sunbathing, my son-in-law got bored in the second week as the resort wasn't big enough for much exploring. He would have liked to see other places on the island but it was hard to drag the kids away from the pool.

There was enough to keep the younger two happy and they really enjoyed it but not the elder boy who spent lots of time on facebook! He would probably have done this wherever he was though as he was missing his friends. They are taking a friend with them next year!

Although it had many good points, they have decided to go back to Portugal this year as in their opinion they can get better accommodation and the complexes have more to offer.

My husband and I are however are going to CnP for the first time next August as it seems a lovely place but we will be visiting other places around the island so won't be reliant on the resort for a whole 2 weeks.

I hope that this will give you an idea of whether it would suit you and your family as every family is different and everyone wants different things from a holiday. Good luck with your choice.

Chris x

20. Re: What is your favourite thing about Cala'n Porter?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2012, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Cala'n Porter
Recent Conversations