We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi transfer

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
273 posts
1 review
Save Topic
taxi transfer

Please can anyone recommend a local taxi driver for the transfer from the airport?

If not, is it easy to get one at the taxi rank outside the airport in August or will they be wanting to do longer trips?

Also, how do we know how much they are going to charge unless they speak English!

Thanks

Falkirk, United...
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Cala'n Porter
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi transfer

Taxis are always available outside arrivals at the airport.

The fare should be around 23-25 euros, I've never travelled in a taxi that doesn't have a meter.

Hope this helps.

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
13,059 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi transfer

As Caroline says - taxis are no problem from the taxi rank. The language barrier isn't one - english is widely spoken anywhere where the locals come into contact with tourists!

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
273 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi transfer

Jon-the -dog says you shouldn't pay more than 17 euros 2011 prices. Has this changed? It is only a 20 mins journey.

Falkirk, United...
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Cala'n Porter
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi transfer

We always hire a car so the last time I used a taxi was high season 2009 & the cost was 22 euros to the far end of CnP.

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi transfer

Everyone is correct. CP has undulating roads ,one way systems and there is about 4-5km of road from entrance to far end - given the entrance is 12km from airport this perfectly explains the variations in prices WHICH ARE FIXED by authorities and metered.

Taxis are very good and reliable. 17 Euros to central area.

Oxford, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: taxi transfer

We paid 22 Euros in August 2011 but we were the far end quite close to the Caves of Xoroi.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
273 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: taxi transfer

Thanks for all your help and clarification and I now understand the variation in prices being quoted! We are staying in an apt on the cliffs so I assume that to be the far end. It's good to hear that the taxis are reliable so thanks again.

Chris x

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: taxi transfer

"We are staying in an apt on the cliffs so I assume that to be the far end"

I would say more like central area of CP , so 17-20 ish

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
273 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: taxi transfer

Not having been to C'nP before I have no idea whether it's near, middle or far but looking forward to finding out!

We have been to Binebequer and interested in visiting there again but that's all we've seen so far of Menorca apart from a walk to Punta Prima and a trip to S'Algar.

It is lovely to be able to speak to people who have local knowledge of the area and hopefully you will assist us further in the future. Thanks again.

Chris x

Edited: 05 January 2012, 22:04
Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
13,059 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: taxi transfer

When you are there try and explore further afield -there are so many lovely beaches on the island. If you haven't been to them yet, Mahon and Cuitadella are both a must - harbourside restaurants and bars with good menu del dia options if you are watching the euros as well as interesting architecture and lots of atmosphere.

If you are restricted to buses you may find getting up to Fornells is a bit difficult but it is well worth a visit too although you need to watch where you eat - some places there are expensive (look at the posts on the Fornells forum for suggestions)

Edited: 06 January 2012, 07:36
Get answers to your questions about Cala'n Porter
Recent Conversations