We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi transfer

Which Cala'n Porter hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
273 posts
1 review
Save Topic
taxi transfer

Please can anyone recommend a local taxi driver for the transfer from the airport?

If not, is it easy to get one at the taxi rank outside the airport in August or will they be wanting to do longer trips?

Also, how do we know how much they are going to charge unless they speak English!

Thanks

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
273 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: taxi transfer

I forgot to mention that we have been to Mahon and intend to visit again.

Fornells sounds a lovely place and we will definitely visit there if at all possible. We are used to using public transport and getting round to places!

Cuitadella is another must this time.

I will definitely do my homework before we go and look up the Fornells forum as you suggest.

This is the first time my husband and I have been to Menorca without the family including 3 grandsons so we will have lots more time to explore!

Chris x

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
11,981 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: taxi transfer

If you are planning a journey that involves changing buses in Fererrias around luchtime consider hanging around a bit and visiting at Bar Vimpy (you can't miss it as it is close to the bus stop) which does really nice and good value tapas as well as other food, drinks and the like.

Edited: 06 January 2012, 12:15
Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
273 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: taxi transfer

What good advice. Where could you get such information except on this forum?!!!

Thanks again and keep on sending your tips as they are very much appreciated and will really add to our holiday.

Chris x

14. Re: taxi transfer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2013, 10:20
Get answers to your questions about Cala'n Porter
Recent Conversations