We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is calan porter suitable for a family with young kids

london
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Is calan porter suitable for a family with young kids

we are a family of 5. we have 3 kids...4yrs, 2yrs, 10months. is calan porter the wrong resort for us, bearing in mind we need double buggy?

MenorcAventura Calan Porter
Boat Tours, Boat Hire, Kayaking & Canoeing, Equipment Hire, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours
Calaventura
Kayaking & Canoeing, Stand-Up Paddleboarding
London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is calan porter suitable for a family with young kids

see my answer

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g673871-i12589-k…

CP and beach is definitely super for Kids but your beach logistics are tough with three young ones and no hire car.

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
13,981 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is calan porter suitable for a family with young kids

I agree - with three children of this age you are bound to want to be back and forth to the beach not camped out on it for hours at a time and I wouldn't fancy pushing a double buggy up and down that road in the heat. If you had a hire car you could drive down but without this CNP is probably not your best choice if you want to spend time on the beach.

When exactly are you planning on going? If you want people to make alternative suggestions please indicate whether you are looking at hotels. appts, a villa etc. and if possible what about Cala N'Porter drew you to it in the first place because then people can get an idea of the sort of place you are after

glasgow
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Is calan porter suitable for a family with young kids

in my opinion its the best place to go with a young family its a very family friendly town and is really safe i have been taking my kids and most of my family there for over 7 years and would not hesitate to promote the town and the island as a whole go you wont regret it

Level Contributor
117 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is calan porter suitable for a family with young kids

I went 3 years ago with a 8 year old and they loved it. The beach is beautiful and perfect for swimming. We had entertainment at the hotel every night and the weather was glorious for may. It's a very quiet , hilly resort.

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
13,981 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is calan porter suitable for a family with young kids

Re posts 3 & 4 above, its the hilly bit that will be the problem for londonwat for a year or two - their three children are very young at the moment and they want somewhere that is easy with a double buggy ( plus a 4 year old at the side ).

I agree that the beach at Cala N'Porter is ideal for youngsters because of its sheltered location and good sandy beach area but it is just that getting to and from it from up the hill might might be not ideal for the parents until they can ditch the double buggy and have the children all walking on their own.

Edited: 11 March 2012, 17:01
6. Re: Is calan porter suitable for a family with young kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2013, 10:21
Get answers to your questions about Cala'n Porter
Recent Conversations