We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Villas Son Siesta, Cala 'n Porter with Thomas Cook

Newcastle
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
Booking Villas Son Siesta, Cala 'n Porter with Thomas Cook

Hi there

Has anyone stayed at these villas? I have a family member who uses a wheelchair and wondered if suitable both at villa and and surrounding area for him.

Would appreciate any help.

Many thanks

Nicola

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,883 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking Villas Son Siesta, Cala 'n Porter with Thomas Cook

Caroliner will know about Villa suitabilitr - re area depends on location as CnP is very undulating ( some parts flatter route to amenities etc ) and the pavements are not smooth surfaces ( ie vibrations for a Wheelchair )

Edited: 03 May 2013, 16:28
Falkirk, United...
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Cala'n Porter
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking Villas Son Siesta, Cala 'n Porter with Thomas Cook

Son Siesta is not one villa but about four of them, they are allocate on arrival so you don't know which one you've got till you get there. I'm afraid you can't guarantee them being wheelchair friendly. I've stayed in three different Son Siestas and all of them had steps either from the street to the property or, like the Eugenia, steps into the villa and split level inside.

If your family member can manage some steps and doesn't use the wheelchair all the time then they should be fine. We're not talking about flights of steps, just two or three.

I believe that most of the villas are fairly central so you shouldn't have hills to contend with.

3. Re: Booking Villas Son Siesta, Cala 'n Porter with Thomas Cook

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Cala'n Porter
Recent Conversations