We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Online shopping and car hire

London, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Online shopping and car hire

Hi

This is our first time on holiday with a baby first time self catering abroad and first time in Menorca!

I wondered who the best company are for car hire? I don't really want to lug our car seat but am a bit nervous about the quality that the car hire company provide.

Secondly Is there a supermarket we can order online from and have it delivered to the Villa? What time do the supermarkets shut in Cala'n Porter of an evening, we arrive on a Friday evening.

Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
656 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Online shopping and car hire

IMO and others the best car hire company in Menorca is http://www.poppycars.com/index.php

PLEASE READ CAR HIRE WARNINGS in top questions top right of this page

For online shopping delivered to the Villa mshmenorca.com/ocart/index.php…

Also here's a guide to CP http://www.mymenorca.info/cala-en-porter/

London, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Online shopping and car hire

Wow thanks :) I am hoping the online store is much more expensive then the shops?

Do you know if any of the restaurants will do take away?

Thanks

Falkirk, United...
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Cala'n Porter
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Online shopping and car hire

The large Spar in CnP is open till at least 10pm, They do deliveries but not online ordering, you do your shop and arrange the delivery at the check out. There is a small supermarket locally known as the Chinese supermarket and it is open till midnight.

For car hire the previous recommendation of Poppy Cars is spot on. I also like Autos Amigos but I'm afraid I've never had to hire a child seat so I can't comment on the quality.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Online shopping and car hire

Can you prebook a taxi from the airport with a car seat does anybody know?

Also do the supermarkets in town stock fresh bread, fruit and vegetables?

Falkirk, United...
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Cala'n Porter
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Online shopping and car hire

You can't pre book taxis but there are always plenty at the rank outside arrivals, I've never seen one with a baby seat.

I would imagine that the online shopping would be expensive and, looking at the link posted by Tony c, limited in product. The supermarkets in CnP are well stocked, the Spar has a bakery counter as well as selling the mass produced sliced bread and they all stock fresh fruit and vegetables.

A few of the restaurants do takeaway, Pito's and the Luk Fu come to mind but they do not deliver.

Do have a look at the previous posts about CnP, I recently posted a list of all the restaurants and bars in the resort.

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Online shopping and car hire

As said you will not have a problem on arrival .

I have never found a restaurant that will not pack up for takeaway- just ask ' Para Levar',

Should always take own car seat ( no luggage charge? )

All supermarkets shown map on site TonyC listed

Edited: 29 April 2014, 12:05
7. Re: Online shopping and car hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2015, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Cala'n Porter
Recent Conversations