We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine shop near Marriott

Which Frigate Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
44 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Wine shop near Marriott

We will be staying at the Marriott timeshare soon. Is there a shop nearby that sells decent wine? I searched the forums and found reference to a shop called the "Corkscrew," but the posting is several years old. Does anyone have recent experience to share?

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
6,886 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wine shop near Marriott

There's two places - both just down the street. They are diagonally across from each other.

I get my wines from the Opus Wines (the one on the same side of the street as the Marriott) and have them sent over to Nevis (he supplies many of the restaurants on our island).

St. Kitts
Level Contributor
407 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Wine shop near Marriott

There is one called Corks and Screws across the street from the Marriott and up the road just a little. Go out the Marriott, turn left and walk up to the end of the buildings that are across the street. It is isn the last building. Good selection and reasonably priced. Further up the road on the same side in front of Island Paradise Condos is Opus. I've never been in, so can't comment on price or selection but know that they do supply several local restaurants.

KelflyOh
Level Contributor
353 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wine shop near Marriott

Are the wine shops open on Sunday? How about most restaurants and beach bar/restaurants near the Marriot?

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
6,886 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wine shop near Marriott

Almost all of the restaurants and beach bars are open on Sunday.

Can't give you a specific answer about the wine shops as I don't live on St. Kitts but can tell you most shops on both islands are closed on Sundays so I suspect that holds true for the two wine stores.

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
6,886 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wine shop near Marriott

By the way, I'm pretty sure Best Buy and IGA Supermarkets are open on Sundays (at least they are on Nevis) - you can buy wine there.

KelflyOh
Level Contributor
353 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wine shop near Marriott

Took a walk this afternoon... The wine shops near the Marriott were not open (Sunday) but we were able to pick up a couple of beers, water etc at Ram's market. We also walked to the Caribbean beach bar area for lunch. Only a scattering of people around, mostly locals, until a cruise excursion dropped off about 2 dozen people about 2:00. Most of the beach bars there were closed too. Ended up having lunch at the Mexican one. Very unremarkable. Saving Shiggidy Shack for later. They were open by the way. Not overly impressed by the beach in that area.

7. Re: Wine shop near Marriott

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Frigate Bay