We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local transportation

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
14 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Local transportation

Could not find enough information about the prices and the ways you can find transportation from Male airport to Dhiggiri. Can anyone help, please?

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,484 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Local transportation

you will take the seaplane to dhiggiri. the transfer is set up by the resort and will be either an item of your final bill (if booked directly) or payable to your tour operator as part of the package.

you do not contact the seaplane company yourself nor do you pay them directly

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Local transportation

Hi LIvia

At some point the resort will ask you for details of your flights to and from Male. They will then set up transfers based on your arrival and departure times.

The system works very well.

OD

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
14 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Local transportation

Yes you are right, I think. My problem was that I I will make the reservation on Expedia and now I have contacted the resort via email and asked them about it, after reading on the site that they provide transportation. Waiting for their reply. :) Thank you!

Stevenage
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Local transportation

Hi,

I am looking to visit the same resort, and am booking via Expedia too. How did you manage to book your seaplane transfer and how much did you pay per person?

Thanks

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
14 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Local transportation

Unfortunately, we decided not to go there anymore as we were staying only for five nights and the seaplane that the resort provides, only flyes while daylight, about 9am-4pm. That would have meant to loose a lot of time, an entire night, as our return flight was very early in the morning. I do not remember the exact cost of the tickets but just write to them here and they will give you all the information that you need: dhiggiri@dhivehinet.net.mv

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,484 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Local transportation

j3 .. you do not actually book the seaplane .. the resort will set it up for you. just contact them at the email provided by above poster for the exact price .. but there are no alternatives anyhow

Stevenage
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Local transportation

Great thanks..... looks like I am at the mersey of the resort and the price they want to charge! Just thought i might be able to go direct and save, but doesn't sound like it! Is there an option of a speedboat if it is too expensive?

Spammie... have you been to this resort before?

Thanks.

Stevenage
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Local transportation

Just to let anyone else know I have received the price from the resort... $352 per person return for the seaplane.... yet to get a price for speedboat.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,484 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Local transportation

yes i have been to dhiggiri .. and i do not believe there is a speedboat option. in any way, you really want to think twice before crossing the channel between atolls in speedboats . in rainy weather and with choppy seas, you would be in for a long and uncomfortable ride

Stevenage
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Local transportation

Thanks Spammie, you are correct they have told me that you can only get their via speedboat if you book the whole package with an Italian tour operator.

So it looks like the sea plane is the only option, which sounds like a great experience in itself, however I do think $352 per person seems a bit steep for a 20min journey!

So what did you think of the dhiggiri resort?

Thanks for your help.

Get answers to your questions about Dhiggiri
Recent Conversations