We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dhiggiri

Channel Islands
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Dhiggiri

Hi - we're thinking of returning to Dhiggiri, possibly early next year. We're aware it's owned by an Italian group but loved the Island so much, as I say, quite fancy returning. Has anyone been recently and if so, who did you book through? I've found one possible agency (I'm not brave enough to do it myself direct!) Also, we missed out on snorkeling last time, does anyone rate the reef?

Thanks for any help.

7 replies to this topic
suffolk
Level Contributor
3,631 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dhiggiri

spammie always speaks highly of Dhiggiri but I'm not sure any UK agent deals with them. Going direct may be your only option or using an Italian agent.

John

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dhiggiri

Hi

I have only found Dhiggiri available through Expedia so far so you would need to remember that their price might not include transfers. Sorry not visited so cannot comment on the reef.

H

Ontario
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dhiggiri

I've been trying to find info for this hotel as well, but their own website seems to be down?

Very few reviews on TA... and old. Is that just because it is mainly Italian?

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,039 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dhiggiri

jerseygirl ... you can book dhiggiri through expedia (make sure you know what you are paying for as i think it EXcludes the seaplane - which you would then pay the resort for on your final bill) and a variety of european operators. i find the german ones easiest to deal with and their english is impeccable.

booking direct is also not scary at all . you check with the hotel for availibility ... then get on the airline website and book your flight ... lastly, you call the hotel back and confirm the dates and give them your flight information. the resorts arrange transfer - regardless what travelagents tell you. they are just eager to take credit and make you think they worked hard for you. booking direct takes 2 phonecalls and 10 minutes of your time.. thats all .

dhiggiri is a gorgeous little island which i can only warmly recommend . as for the reef .. its not in the top 3 in the maldives for coral but its very decent with very good fishlife.

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,370 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dhiggiri

Hello JerseyGirl

Did you end up getting a price? I have found Thomas Cook have this on their books but only the German one and not UK.

I would be quite happy to book flights seperately and follow Spammie's advice but as this is my 'plan B' island at the moment was just wondering if you had the idea of cost?

Water villa or land villa?

Thanks

T23

Edited: 05 May 2011, 15:26
Penang
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dhiggiri

We went for our honeymoon in Oct 2010. Loved it!

More details at our blog: …blogspot.com/2011/04/maldives-honeymoon-liv…

Channel Islands
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dhiggiri

Thanks for your suggestions - will investigate further, which is always such a chore!!!

Reply to: Dhiggiri
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dhiggiri
Recent Conversations