We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manila and Siargao advice!

cornwall, England...
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Topic
Manila and Siargao advice!

Hi there,

My partner and I are travelling to Manilla on November 14th and will head to Siargao for 10 days, what is the best way to get there?? Boat? Plane?

Also, once there, we really do want to explore and try all the amazing things siargao has to offer....anyone recommend anything they have experienced?? great food? bars? snorkelling? or what to avoid!

Also my partner is a keen surfer, I, however am a bit weedy, so while he is off surfing is it safe and easy to explore on your own?

I would REALLY appreciate ANY help or advice

Thankyou!!

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Manila and Siargao advice!

hi ,well if u consider best to be the fastest way then plane -but there arent direct flights -u would have to get flight via cebu but these arent available around that time-so direct flight to surigao and then ferry to siargao would be best -expect around 7000 peso per person on either cebu pacific or airphils .

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manila and Siargao advice!

I agree , take a flight direct to Surigao City and then ride the Fortune Angel to the Port of Dapa on Siargao Island , you can then go to whichever part of the Island you wish , if your partner is an avid Surfer then General Luna will probably be his first choice , however there is also surfing in other parts of the Island such as Pacifico and Burgos , which are not as ' Touristy' as GL .

More info on Siargao here

http://go2siargao.blogspot.com

Edited: 02 November 2011, 11:08
Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,801 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manila and Siargao advice!

Since you are asking about the "best" way to go to Siargao then you should book a flight Manila-Cebu-Siargao... you leave in the morning and the next thing you will know is that you are having your lunch in Siargao.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manila and Siargao advice!

The 'best' way to get to Siargao depending on your time table or which day of the week you are able to travel ! it's good to be aware of all of your options because as I have experienced before flights can get cancelled due to bad weather and then you need an alternative route .

More info at

http://go2siargao.blogspot.com

5. Re: Manila and Siargao advice!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2014, 01:15
Get answers to your questions about Siargao Island