We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on Board hire & board types

Boracay, Philippines
Level Contributor
62 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on Board hire & board types

I'm in the Philippines for work and finally getting around to a trip to Siargao for some surfing.

I haven't surfed in 4 years (due to a long-term illness) but am now fit and ready to get back out there. My board of choice is a Longboard and I'm wondering 1. Best place to hire a board and 2. if the breaks and swells are good for longboards or if I'll have to stick to a mini mal. Any information from those in the know, would be great. Trudy

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on Board hire & board types

Only you and the surf shop can answer that, many less experienced surfers prefer the stability of a longboard. there are many places in General Luna to hire and also at the beach in Cloud nine. There is also some great surf further north on the north east coast, near Pacifico. I was supposed to stay at Bamboo garden last year, but unfortunately had a change of plans. An english guy owns it and could answer many of your questions I am sure

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on Board hire & board types

you dont even need to look for contact info as they are already member here on ta tripadvisor.ie/members-forums/bamboogardenpa…

Siargao Island
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on Board hire & board types

If you are staying at the cloud 9 area there are many places that have longboards for rent. We are at the Boardwalk Resort and we have a couple of decent ones for rent. Otherwise Hippies Surf shop is about 100m from us where you can find boards to rent

Boracay, Philippines
Level Contributor
62 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on Board hire & board types

thanks people .... I've not even got round to planning anything yet as I have so much to do in the meantime, but I wanted to get an idea of hiring opps etc seeing as my baby is stuck up in my brothers loft back in the UK.

By 'baby' I mean my longboard and not an actual baby .. although it would count as neglect and abuse with either!

5. Re: Advice on Board hire & board types

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Siargao Island