We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there waves in early September????

3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Are there waves in early September????

Hi there, I'm visiting Siargao for the first time during the first two week of September and am staying at Isla Cabana. I am looking forward to all the beautiful beaches and scuba diving, but would love to get some good waves as well. It is very hard to trust Surfline and Magicseaweed for surf reports, so I was wondering if anyone has been there around that time and if you could let me know what I could expect. I am planning on traveling with my shortboard and a mini step-up but if they have good boards there, I'd prefer to just rent. Any suggestions for my trip would be much appreciated. Cheers!

Brian

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there waves in early September????

I've got exactly same question

and wonder if anybody could help!

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
559 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there waves in early September????

Hi TM,

I see noone answered the last guy either?

I haven't actually been but it was my first choice of destination until the ms. said I can't just go surfing for 10 days !! Plus some of those breaks are heavy and I'm a bit of a kook :-)

Google around there's heaps of surf camps and services catering to the surf crowd, including board hire.

"Sirgao surf" 'Cloud 9" etc.

Yes, there are good waves this time of year - there is an ASP qualifier surf comp mid next month.

aspworldtour.com/posts/58023/asp-thrilled-to…

Enjoy, you lucky guy !

R

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are there waves in early September????

Siargao have waves almost daily but the size of it is the real question.

September waves is good and as mentioned in #2, there is even a competition next month.

Siargao is a nice pkace, even if you don't surf.

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Are there waves in early September????

Man thanks for reply.

Im a beginner so i dont need huge swell

Only that is interesting enough to compensate my flight pay.

Anyway things sound good.

What about the weather though? Sunny?

Edited: 19 August 2014, 06:29
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are there waves in early September????

September will really depends. usually when it is typhoon in Visayas, Mindanao will be bright and sunny.

However Siargao is near to Leyte. So it really depends is there a typhoon passing nearby there.

But...... let me tell you what I witness in Siargao. Even when a typhoon is coming, the surfers continue to flock to Cloud 9.

6. Re: Are there waves in early September????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Siargao Island