We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Northern Mindanao itinerary

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
135 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Northern Mindanao itinerary

Hi,

Planning a trip to Mindanao some where from 24 July -

Can someone please comment on my itinerary as follows (whether it is doable or whether I'm being too ambitious ? :-

Day 1 - 24/7 - KL - Cebu

Day 2 - 25/7 - Cebu - Butuan

Day 3 - 26/7 - Butuan - Tinayuan Fall Bislig

Day 4 - 27/7- Tinayuan Fall - Enchanted River

Day 5 - 28/7 - Enchanted River - Siargao

Day 6 & 7 - 29/7 to 30/7 - Island hopping - Dako island , Guyam . Naked island , Magpupungko etc

Day 8 - 30/7 - Sohoton Cave

Day 9 - 31/7 - Back to Cebu

Day 10 - 1/8 - Cebu - KL

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,731 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Northern Mindanao itinerary

"Day 5 - 28/7 - Enchanted River - Siargao"

May I know how are you going to do this sector?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
135 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Northern Mindanao itinerary

mousehunt,

Are Enchanted River and Siargao located very far apart with no public transport ?

I"ve narrow down the places I wanna go and try to join them together if possible.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,731 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Northern Mindanao itinerary

If my memory did not fall me, the last ferry from Surigao to Siargao is around 1200hrs.

So you had better be there at 1100hrs with your ticket.

From Enchanted River to Butuan is around 2 hours at least and assuming the same time needed to travel from Enchanted River to Surigao, I wonder how will you reach the port on time.

I suggest you modify your plan and stay overnight in Surigao before your trip to Siargao.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
135 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Northern Mindanao itinerary

Thanks mousehunt for quick reply.

24/7 - 5/8 is our maximum length of our trip so we can always add an overnight at Surigao before proceeding to Siargao

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,731 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Northern Mindanao itinerary

I wish for good weather for you since your trip is in July. Though Mindanao do not usually get hit during the typhoon season but even if the typhoon will to pass by Leyte or Visayaa, flight may get cancelled.

Flight for Siargao uses propeller plane so they are more weather dependent.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
135 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Northern Mindanao itinerary

Having trouble booking the Cebu Pacific flight from Cebu to Butuan and Siargao to Cebu. I notice that are not many flight available.

Oh dear I thought July is a good time visiting Mindanao ... Now i am having second thoughts.

Will try booking again.. if fail I will just take it as a sign that I should go else where.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,731 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Northern Mindanao itinerary

Not trying to scare you but generally typhoon do not visit Mindanao during the typhoon months but they visit Mindanao during the non-typhoon months!

Flights to Siargao departs from Cebu. So even Siargao is bright and sunny but if Cebu is having a typhoon, then the plane can't take off from Cebu and no plane can bring you out of Siargao!

Having said all these, if the flight time suits you, I recommend you to go for it. With all the El Nino and global warming stuff, you can hardly predict the weather now.

Snow in Egypt and Vieynam? What's next?

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,374 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Northern Mindanao itinerary

your schedule is too packed with things to do. Its really not feasible especially with July weather, Siargao island flights are easily delayed or cancelled. In my opinion, Dako island is enough to visit and is great, the others offer little and again, you will be battling time and the weather. Sohoton Cave is a long way off and if weather is rough at all, I would not do it. Also, be aware of tides when you go there.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,731 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Northern Mindanao itinerary

Agree with Left.

Out of the 3 islands, Dako is the best.

I suggest you concentrate either on Siargao or Mindanao mainland and the rest of your free days, I will choose a place that can accommodate a jet plane.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
135 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Northern Mindanao itinerary

Thanks all for your suggestion.

If I skip Siargao, i would like to do trekking or volcano in Mindanao mainland. Any hike recommended ?

Get answers to your questions about Siargao Island